British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
WildCamper

Bar top ideas?

hi pwa....thread hijack coming up but i'm sure brother wild wont mind in this case....i'm a leathersmith and knifemaker.....

bushcraft....youve heard of ray mears?.....(and please at this point DO NOT SAY BEAR GRYLLS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! OR I'LL QUIT THE FORUM)....the art of living in harmony with nature pretty much sums it up i guess.....shelter building, plant identification and use, fire making, navigation etc etc.....

prepping....bit trickier.....similar to bushcraft but embracing 'survival' situations more and unfortunately full of weirdos....doomsday armageddon end of the world and all that....however with a lot of sense to it too....like....what would you do if the national grid went down.....

so yeah i'm into both sides.....my heart is that  of a bushcrafter but my brain is that of a prepper.....i've got enough military gear to provide sleeping bags, gas masks, wool blankets, cooking equipment, knives, guns, food, water purification and so on for everyone on here to survive for 94 years, whilst listening to old skool rave on vinyl even if a nuclear bomb landed on our heads but the thing that fills me full of happiness is going out into a nice bit of ancient woodland, foraging a lovely bit of spalted beech and then spending a few hours fashioning a spoon out of it whilst classical plays on one of my technics 1210's....lololol

making sense?...i would put my website up but dunno if i'll get told off....

p

2 hours ago, ThePrepper said:

hi pwa....thread hijack coming up but i'm sure brother wild wont mind in this case....i'm a leathersmith and knifemaker.....

bushcraft....youve heard of ray mears?.....(and please at this point DO NOT SAY BEAR GRYLLS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! OR I'LL QUIT THE FORUM)....the art of living in harmony with nature pretty much sums it up i guess.....shelter building, plant identification and use, fire making, navigation etc etc.....

prepping....bit trickier.....similar to bushcraft but embracing 'survival' situations more and unfortunately full of weirdos....doomsday armageddon end of the world and all that....however with a lot of sense to it too....like....what would you do if the national grid went down.....

so yeah i'm into both sides.....my heart is that  of a bushcrafter but my brain is that of a prepper.....i've got enough military gear to provide sleeping bags, gas masks, wool blankets, cooking equipment, knives, guns, food, water purification and so on for everyone on here to survive for 94 years, whilst listening to old skool rave on vinyl even if a nuclear bomb landed on our heads but the thing that fills me full of happiness is going out into a nice bit of ancient woodland, foraging a lovely bit of spalted beech and then spending a few hours fashioning a spoon out of it whilst classical plays on one of my technics 1210's....lololol

p

Please put your website up i dont see anyone having a problem.

Dont think its for me though i cant even go a day without a shave as for making a spoon :o

That Bear grills seems a decent guy though and quite enjoy his programmes.

Pete.

Bear Grylls, part time Artist, not all that is portrayed is real, were as Ray Mears shows his knowledge and understanding of his surroundings, never get tired of watching his programs

My Cousin out in New Zealand lectures on the Environment, understanding Nature and its ways etc.., spends most of his holidays up a mountain or in a wood somewhere practicing the art using nature and natural resources

I think you should put up the link, you could use it as your signature,

43 minutes ago, Chingford said:

Bear Grylls, part time Artist, not all that is portrayed is real, were as Ray Mears shows his knowledge and understanding of his surroundings, never get tired of watching his programs

My Cousin out in New Zealand lectures on the Environment, understanding Nature and its ways etc.., spends most of his holidays up a mountain or in a wood somewhere practicing the art using nature and natural resources

I think you should put up the link, you could use it as your signature,

Maybe some is exagerated John ...i dont know.

However the things he had acheived and done before he was twenty five are unreal.

I agree his personal achievement are impressive, it is his military career and survivalist that is questionable

You can keep your grilled Bear. I'll have a Les Hiddins please. :)

mrbadexample...chingford....pleased to meet you.....

pwa.....i'm very disappointed.:angry:

prep:P

• Like 2

On 04/04/2017 at 5:14 PM, ThePrepper said:

p

1210's living the dream! Can we swap can I be you?!

Lets get back to the bar .......Have you got the Barmaids sorted ;)

Also.........Can we get Bear Grylls to open it ?.

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Lets get back to the bar .......Have you got the Barmaids sorted ;)

Also.........Can we get Bear Grylls to open it ?.

I'm sure we can get a few round, I was thinking someone a bit hotter than him, more like a Latino lovely lady instead ? Was going to put bar tops on last night but the kids infected me with the lurgey last few days and wasn't going to get a pass to do it if I wasn't at work?

lol pwa....we could get bear to open it but i'd have to lend him a pair of scissors as the knives he puts his name to would definitely not be able to cut a ribbon....

anyway....moving on....1210's yeah baby!! first generation raver here...today my diet has been too much tea, too many fags and never enough dj hype, hixxy, styles and breeze....

'you want something to bang your head off...?''

'yeaaaaaaaaaaaah'

'you want something ruffffffffff....?'

'yeaaaaaaaaah'

'you want something loud.....?'

'yeaaaaaaaah'

'what!.....like THIS!!!!?'

BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM....................:P

Edited by ThePrepper

You sure its only too much Tea ? :o

Edited by PWA 1967

lolololololololol.....sir, i do not know what you mean.

:)

"you want something to bang your head off.....?"

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:lol: :lol:

You can be the DJ in the Bar prep ;)

Edited by PWA 1967

3 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

"you want something to bang your head off.....?"

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah

:lol: :lol:

You can be the DJ in the Bar prep ;)

Ha ha this is great! Love it! I was born in Blackpool in 82 so I grew up in the 90's listing to all those, Mark E.G. Dreamcast, Helter Skelter, Zone, Sequins, Maxims,  just wishing I was old enough to get into the Palace night club and Zone! Reach for the lasers Pete, you know you want too??

In the late eighties early nineties i thought i had the best club near home living in Manchester.

I  went to Ibiza for the first time in about 1991/92 and realised it was something special (ended up there for about ten weeks)...........:wacko:

In 1996 it was time to try and sort my head out and earn a few quid :)

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

In the late eighties early nineties i thought i had the best club near home living in Manchester.

I  went to Ibiza for the first time in about 1991/92 and realised it was something special (ended up there for about ten weeks)...........:wacko:

In 1996 it was time to try and sort my head out and earn a few quid :)

Hacienda?! Never made it to Ibiza but lots of my mates been said it was on another level, glad you enjoyed it, music brings people together? 

THE HACIENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS THERE IN '92 (i think.....its all a haze)

i was in manchester/salford, looking after a guy who....well thats another story....still got a faint scar over my left eye....seemingly he shouldve been looking after me haha!

24 hour party people!! i've got the original voodoo ray on rham by a guy called gerald on 7" and 12, big collector of joy division/new order etc.....rabbit city, moving shadow, bukem, paradise, fantasia, dreamscape.....

this guy on youtube has just about everything thats ever happened in my home area....check 'im!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpiOAPbuQY

I am more chilled out now ;)

Although my daughter wanted me to go to the orchestra thing last year with a few of them in Manchester with New order and Bez being on.

They enjoyed it that much they ended up going twice.

The release of Blue Monday and the fashion was a good time for me after the crazy punk / skin scene.

Thinking of all this is starting to make me feel old and boring :D

Maybe it was me who left you with a scar prep :P

Edited by PWA 1967

lolol...maybe.....have you ever cloths-lined someone with a plaster cast....?......

got blue monday on original 12" too.....superb!

saw the mondays at guilfest some years back....got right up in front of the stage and got some mad pics of Sir Bez.....

yeah i know what you mean about chilled out....i've got two sons and so yup, you have to ''behave'' but i tell ye.....once a raver always a raver and when parenthood is 'tough' i do indeed find myself missing that part of my life....seems like a dream.....and i'll still be listening to this stuff the day i die.

e-z now whistle posse!

prep

On 4/6/2017 at 1:02 PM, WildCamper said:

I'm sure we can get a few round, I was thinking someone a bit hotter than him, more like a Latino lovely lady instead ? Was going to put bar tops on last night but the kids infected me with the lurgey last few days and wasn't going to get a pass to do it if I wasn't at work?

Can you please make a sign for people who use metal detectors to keep in the tap room if they are covered in mud ?.

21 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Can you please make a sign for people who use metal detectors to keep in the tap room if they are covered in mud ?.

I have a big field at the back of my house, they can earn there keep for a beer! Bar tops on, resin to do next!

hows the bar coming along dude???

On 03/05/2017 at 3:31 PM, ThePrepper said:

hows the bar coming along dude???

Hello buddy hope all is well, sorry to hear about your uncle mate my thoughts are with you and your family. Been really busy lately with trying to get it finished and fixing cars, kids etc!!  Haven't bought any coins for ages as it's been caineing my money ha ha. Will pop a few pics up tomorrow. Hope the show went well!! take care sonni