British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
WildCamper

2nd attempt!

And don't forget it is Wakefield on Sunday in the hotel at Junction 39 of the M1. Doors open 9:30

2 hours ago, Rob said:

And don't forget it is Wakefield on Sunday in the hotel at Junction 39 of the M1. Doors open 9:30

Won't make this months but will come and have a look and chat with you in April in the hope of getting a nice gothic florin.

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Good point Iain about asking questions .

I have just been speaking to a dealer asking questions and probably do some forum members heads in phoning them up.

The thing is that i want to learn and listen ......fortunately most people are more than willing to help :)

This is it Pete, know one knows everything so it's nice to learn new things, everydays a school day! 

And yes the people on here are very helpful indeed it's refreshing to see.

17 hours ago, Peter said:

WC don't buy crap unless you are really flush.

In fact flush the crap away !!! :ph34r:

As far as polish vs natural lustre. You honestly won't need that greater depth of experience to be able to distinguish between the two at a single glance, WC.  

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

In fact flush the crap away !!! :ph34r:

As far as polish vs natural lustre. You honestly won't need that greater depth of experience to be able to distinguish between the two at a single glance, WC.  

Ha ha I'm sure he meant well?, yes there is definitely a certain difference between the two after googling a few photo's!

With all the help I'm sure my next purchase will be a right bobby dazzler! But not polished ?

2 minutes ago, WildCamper said:

Ha ha I'm sure he meant well?, yes there is definitely a certain difference between the two after googling a few photo's!

With all the help I'm sure my next purchase will be a right bobby dazzler! But not polished ?

Do keep that first one though WC. It may not have much numismatic value, but it will be well worth what you paid as a little reminder of what not to buy. ;) 

You'll look back at it one day and think: "Blimey, did I really buy that?" :blink: 

Anyone who says they haven't done the same is a big fibber. :P

12 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

Do keep that first one though WC. It may not have much numismatic value, but it will be well worth what you paid as a little reminder of what not to buy. ;) 

You'll look back at it one day and think: "Blimey, did I really buy that?" :blink: 

Anyone who says they haven't done the same is a big fibber. :P

Very true I will! Like you said I'm sure lots make mistakes in the beginning but not everyone may admit it tho, plus I wouldn't have the heart to sell it back to some other poor bugger I'm not that type of person. A good learning curve stepping point ?

WC your coin is worth its silver content not a penny more.Learning point Nr 1.At least you have a coin worth £2.50.

17 hours ago, Peter said:

WC your coin is worth its silver content not a penny more.Learning point Nr 1.At least you have a coin worth £2.50.

That's always a bonus? Worse things happen at sea I suppose, least I know what to buy for next time. If I leave it in the garden a jay may take it away with a bit of luck!

4 hours ago, WildCamper said:

That's always a bonus? Worse things happen at sea I suppose, least I know what to buy for next time. If I leave it in the garden a jay may take it away with a bit of luck!

Well, if it's not a very discerning jay, perhaps. :lol:

WC you have to kiss a few frogs.No harm in that unless you detest garlic.

I love the outdoorsy thing and have a Springer although he was partial to one of the clergies chickens.He did bring it to me.We now have a different walking route.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

WC you have to kiss a few frogs.No harm in that unless you detest garlic.

I love the outdoorsy thing and have a Springer although he was partial to one of the clergies chickens.He did bring it to me.We now have a different walking route.

Ha ha free tea I like it! Springers just don't stop they make me tired watching them, I dog sit my mates when he goes away she will run all day then want to play fetch after!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

Well, if it's not a very discerning jay, perhaps. :lol:

They will take anything round our end, I will try fasten it to the wife??

• Like 1