British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
WildCamper

What would you grade this as?

Finally worked out how to upload photos off my iPad! So I can get used to coin grading what is your opinion of this coin? I payed £40 for it and they stated it was UNC, what's your thoughts?...

Cheers Iain 

Edited by WildCamper
User error

Something's gone wrong?

Edited by WildCamper

Ha ha, I'm rubbish,the photos were enclosed on the post the pressed submit and they vanished! Oh my days!!!!

Wish i could help you lain :blink:

Out of interest what type of coin / year was it as dont know what you collect.

Edited by PWA 1967

Probably down to the size of the pictures. Either upload them to a web site and link them with the insert other media in the bottom right corner or resize them to be less than 500kb :)

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Wish i could help you lain :blink:

Out of interest what type of coin / year was it as dont know what you collect.

Hi Pete, thank you I'm sure with a bit of jigging around I will fix it!

It was a 1887 Jubilee head half crown?

2 hours ago, Nonmortuus said:

Probably down to the size of the pictures. Either upload them to a web site and link them with the insert other media in the bottom right corner or resize them to be less than 500kb :)

Thank you for that advise I will try it, bear with me chaps there may be a few blank post ha ha.

The pictures were quite large so I bet it was that, I did try to resize them but it seems a bit harder on the old iPad!

cheers Iain 

8 hours ago, WildCamper said:

Thank you for that advise I will try it, bear with me chaps there may be a few blank post ha ha.

The pictures were quite large so I bet it was that, I did try to resize them but it seems a bit harder on the old iPad!

cheers Iain 

The iPad is useless for sizing pictures, i have tried previously, i use my MacBook. Alternatively you can head along to photo bucket.com its an image hosting website, you can upload you picture in there and then copy the url link, not the one in the browser bar, but the one it provides when upload is finished.

There is a 500kb limit to any one post with a picture, so if you want to upload say 2 pictures at similar sizes you'd then have to leave the thread after uploading the first, then re-enter and then upload the 2nd.......

Thank you for that Azda, I will give it a go on the laptop next time, I thought the iPad would be faster as it boots up quicker oh how wrong was i! It's all good fun. 

1 hour ago, WildCamper said:

Thank you for that Azda, I will give it a go on the laptop next time, I thought the iPad would be faster as it boots up quicker oh how wrong was i! It's all good fun. 

I had issues with posting pics a few months ago, and for a time used image shack or tiny pic, posting the link to that.

What I do now, and I know it's a bit convoluted, but it works for me, is to photograph the coin with my tablet, then e mail the photo to my PC and save it to pictures. I then import it onto here using the "choose files" clicky below. Doing that, I never need to re-size.   

I don't get 'choose files' any more.  :(  In fact the forum is becoming increasingly difficult to use on my pc.  As for my phone .. that's even worse.

All I get is the option to load an existing upload or via a link. 

I also have no idea how to 'like a post' or various other features other users seem to have ...

Anyone any ideas because it's pissing me off.  Matt?

23 minutes ago, TomGoodheart said:

I also have no idea how to 'like a post' 

Do you not have the little box in the bottom right hand corner with a  heart and "like this"?

Nope.  And because I can't upload images I can't even show you a screenshot of what I do have!

:(

I have sent you a PM. You can email me your screenshot and I will try and post it.

Thanks Ian.  Have done!

Just posted them in the technical help section as a new item Toms's screenshots.

The second one looks like it is missing the Drag files here to attach or choose files link. 

Hopefully Matt will be able to have a look

6 hours ago, TomGoodheart said:

Nope.  And because I can't upload images I can't even show you a screenshot of what I do have!

:(

I'm sorry tom you can't do it either, it's pretty frustrating isn't it!

9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I had issues with posting pics a few months ago, and for a time used image shack or tiny pic, posting the link to that.

What I do now, and I know it's a bit convoluted, but it works for me, is to photograph the coin with my tablet, then e mail the photo to my PC and save it to pictures. I then import it onto here using the "choose files" clicky below. Doing that, I never need to re-size.   

Will have a go at this then, thank you, all I want to do it put my coins on?? wife walked in from work last night first thing I said was I can't blooming upload these coins, she shook her head at me and walked off ha ha!

• Like 2