British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

Edward I Class 1c/1a London Mule

SO, not the best of pictures, I'm afraid, @Paulus has run off with me camera!

Anyway, and a huge big thanks to TG for a little short-term assistance, making it all possible, I share with you the first coin I have bought in a year! I'm back, and thank God for that! 

Edward I Class 1c/a mule, formerly belonging to Jim Sazama, who acquired it, from my calculation, around the time of the J. Mass sale, when he acquired a lot of the short-cross coins from that collection. But that's purely speculation.

So, a Sazama penny, sold by DNW lot 300 on 11th June 2014, and it's now mine! :)

I've also got a reference SCBI North 36-7 (I don't suppose, by some wonderful miracle, that it happens to be a plate coin in that reference, does it? I still haven't got, nor can afford a copy of it just yet?).

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3206.JPG

• Like 1

Any tickets with it? Sazama had envelopes, but any North coin originally came with a ticket such as the attached.

J J North.jpg

Sadly not, Rob! A bit of a shame if there were any, they'd have gone missing over a very short timescale if there were. Could be worth a couple of emails I guess?

Is that your farthing?

No it's not. Just a ticket that passed through my hands. I always scan in tickets that are assigned and those that I can't attribute in the hope of one day establishing the author's name. I do have other North tickets, but that was the one in the ticket reference library.

Edited by Rob

Just for the record, the coin looks more like this, than the above images, with a nice old collectors' tone! :)

Edward Penny 1c_1a London Mule50%.jpg

• Like 2