British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
mitch91

50P commemarative

Me again.

I currently own the 4 minute mile, the give women the vote, public libraries, nhs and the 98 Eu 50p does anyone else own any of these.

I got the 4 minute mile one bag packing for school in morrisons. Good find.

I've got the 4-Minute mile, NHS, Public Libraries, EU and thes Suffragettes ones - same as you

My collection has come for free so far and I have also aquired some commemarative 1,2pound coins aswell dna, commonwealth etc.

I have not yet found a 4-Minute mile one. I have NHS, Public Libraries, EU, Suffragettes and the 1973 EEC ones.

I have all commem £2's after 1997, I am not really interested in the peace dove or the other one prior to 1997 as I would have to pay (all my decimal coins have been accumulated in my spare change).

I've got NHS, EU, public libraries, Suffragettes, but not the four minute mile one yet.

I've got NHS, EU, public libraries, Suffragettes, but not the four minute mile one yet.

Same for me.... although I have found a (slightly shabby) 2004 ordinary 50p.

I suppose in theory we should look out for the 2005 issues too! :)

Me again.

I currently own the 4 minute mile, the give women the vote, public libraries, nhs and the 98 Eu 50p does anyone else own any of these.

I got the 4 minute mile one bag packing for school in morrisons. Good find.

I have the following:

1973 - EEC

1994 - D-Day

1998 - NHS

1998 - EU

2000 - Public Libraries

2003 - Womans' Suffragette

2004 - 4 Minute Mile

the only 2£ commemorative I have is:

2003 - DNA

Would like to get some more of these, but they aren't easy to find on this side of the Atlantic (USA)

I also have the 5£ 2004 Cordiale Entente, along with the Diana Memorial and the Golden Jubilee issues in the folders.

I was looking on a site yesterday that said there are only 92,000 is it true. If I get any spares of any I will let you know.

I meant to say that I would like to get more of the various £2 commems, not more of the DNA coins.

From this side, the bronze issues (1-2-5p) are easy to get, the 10p are usually fairly easy, the 20p are out there, but I have to hunt a little to find them, the 50p are virtually non-existant, whether it is the normal Brittania back, or one of the commem. issues (many of mine have come from a few members of this forum), the £1 and up do not ever show up. I have repeatedly told my local dealer that if he finds any £1 in VF or better, I will buy them, and pay extra if it is a year that I don't have, but he has yet to take me up on the offer.

A few of the other decimals I am looking for:

5p 1993

10p 1995, 1998, 1999

20p 1985, 1992, 1998, 1999

50p 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 (normal Brittania backs)

£1 everything from 1990-1999, except 1993 and 1996.