British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Coinery

NGC Wrong Monarch!

Just to keep the world informed...another mis-attributed coin. Not a surprise to many on here, I know.

This coin is bearing a crown that clearly puts it in the reign of Edward II, not the early part of Edward I (NGC are saying Class 1d) :D

391682080045 (sorry, no ebay link)

6 hours ago, Coinery said:

Just to keep the world informed...another mis-attributed coin. Not a surprise to many on here, I know.

This coin is bearing a crown that clearly puts it in the reign of Edward II, not the early part of Edward I (NGC are saying Class 1d) :D

391682080045 (sorry, no ebay link)

Must have been taken down as the number has nothing attached to it. 

1 hour ago, azda said:

Must have been taken down as the number has nothing attached to it. 

No it sold mate. It was graded VF 25. It sold for £72.59.

I screenshot the pictures on my phone, but need to get them on photobucket and link them across.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NGC-VF-25-ENGLAND-SILVER-PENNY-1279-1307-EDWARD-I-/391682080045?hash=item5b32123d2d%3Ag%3Ao8QAAOSwUKxYgSwA&nma=true&si=C4E%252Fla%252Bgd88kDexFgH47QmdyYfo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Identified by NGC as an Edward I (S1383) Class 1 Penny, rather than the Edward II Class 11 penny that it is - so, only 10 classes, a reign, and over 70 spink numbers out!

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Coinery