British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

Edinburgh £1 coins and all that

There was a really large jump in the prices of the edinburgh pound coins on ebay this week from around £12 to around £25 and sometimes even more - I expect this to continue as the hysteria wipped up in the press continues .

Anyone with a few is advised to wait to sell in the summer

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, copper123 said:

There was a really large jump in the prices of the edinburgh pound coins on ebay this week from around £12 to around £25 and sometimes even more - I expect this to continue as the hysteria wipped up in the press continues .

Anyone with a few is advised to wait to sell in the summer

Yes along with the Cardiff ones also.

Guest Ben

Are the £1 coins worth holding on to for the near future? I have nearly completed the collection. Will they be worth more in so many years or should I sell them now while they are selling good on ebay? 

2 hours ago, Guest Ben said:

Are the £1 coins worth holding on to for the near future? I have nearly completed the collection. Will they be worth more in so many years or should I sell them now while they are selling good on ebay? 

Only you can decide that Ben would be a shame to sell maybe , although you dont mention if any are worth much ?.

Made me think though the ten shilling note was withdrawn in the late sixties and the £1 note in 1983 and you can still find thousands of them .

Millions were printed just the same as the £1 coins out there now and the notes in circulation did not obviously last long.

Mid runs (with obvious exceptions) in circulated condition are not worth much more than the notes value 30/40 years ago.

Be lucky.

Pete.

I count 46 difference round pound coins 1983/2016 with five coins only available in sets.

The strange thing is these pound coins have halved in price in the last three weeks or so for some strange reason (logic says they shound be holding their own at least and not diving in price) , unless there is some strange manipulation in price going on they  are going up and down like a brides undergarments .