British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
jaggy

Burstall Catalogue

If anyone has access to the catalogue for the Burstal sale, I would be most grateful if they could look up Lot 232 for me. 

Hopefully the 1968 sale and not his father's in 1912?

James I sixpences (6), third bust, 1604, 1605 mm. lis; 1605 mm. rose (tooled); 4th bust 1605, 1606 rose; 1606 scallop. All VF. Bought by Spink for £100. Most likely for stock, so a gander through the Circular for June 58 onwards ought to produce dividends. No time at the moment.

• Like 1

Perfect! Thanks Rob.

I have the 1605 mm. rose. Bought at Buckland Dix Wood, June 8, 1993. The ticket that came with it referenced the Burstal sale but I never really noticed it until I was looking through my coins.