British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Vegas

Vegas's Introduction

Good afternoon, I'm Vegas.

About me

My general interests are studying, teaching, music and cooking. I'm a big fan of vintage stuff as well as some new stuff.

About Coins

I have a few Czech coins, a collection of Pennies (1971-2016, no 1985 or any of the even years of the 70s), have not seen any 2017 pennies yet, a couple of pre-decimal pennies so far.

Well, a very big welcome, then! ?

I've only just popped my head into the forum, quite recently, after being away for some time. I guess we're both newbies in that respect!

You obviously have the bug, from looking at your collection list...I think you'll have a lot of fun on here! ?

Edited by Coinery
  • Like 1

Hello Vegas, and welcome.  :)

• Like 1

Hi Vegas, welcome to the forum.

Ian

Hi and welcome Vegas!

It's customary to show off a few of your favourite coins from your collection, get up a couple of pictures for us to see :) 

Hey Vegas, 

I'm new myself, I read mostly as the knowledge level is sky high!

Jamie

This is one of the Czech coins, the 50 Kč (50 Koruna) coin. I believe it was minted in 1993, as thats what it shows under the lion, but the year 1993 is also when these types of coins were first minted (got that from wikipedia). 1993 is the only date on the coin, so I am probably correct. The 50 Kč coin is the highest value of coin used in the Czech Republic/Czechia.

If you look closely, notice parts of the lion in the outer section. I don't know why that is like that, but it's not an error they are all like that. 

The Czechs have an agreement to change to the euro, but they haven't changed yet, so Czech coins might be something to collect in the near future. 

*Edit* Whilst being a modern coin, it's got some sort of beauty that most modern coins lack. I like that

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Vegas
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

It's a nice coin that one you've posted. Not very common to see a bi-metallic combination of copper + brass (typically they are nickel + brass, like our £2 or €1)

Also the design of the lion is a clever use of the bimetallic feature. Still my favourite is the Italian €1!

13 hours ago, Leo said:

Welcome to the forum!

It's a nice coin that one you've posted. Not very common to see a bi-metallic combination of copper + brass (typically they are nickel + brass, like our £2 or €1)

Also the design of the lion is a clever use of the bimetallic feature. Still my favourite is the Italian €1!

H Vegas, welcome to the forum and here is my only bi-metallic

2016 Bi-Metallic 4th China Panda Expo Medal 3g Gold 1.1g Silver First Release NGC PF70 OBV.jpg

2016 Bi-Metallic 4th China Panda Expo Medal 3g Gold 1.1g Silver First Release NGC PF70 REV.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azda said:

H Vegas, welcome to the forum and here is my only bi-metallic

2016 Bi-Metallic 4th China Panda Expo Medal 3g Gold 1.1g Silver First Release NGC PF70 OBV.jpg

2016 Bi-Metallic 4th China Panda Expo Medal 3g Gold 1.1g Silver First Release NGC PF70 REV.jpg

The inside is gold, what's the outside? 

*edit* it's silver :wacko::lol: 

Edited by Vegas
I looked at the picture again

4 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Silver.

AU = gold & AG = silver (written on the border)

Here's a Victorian farthing. It's in decent condition, can even still see the badge on Queen Victoria.

Farthings are quite difficult to photograph without a tripod.

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-4.jpg

Go to Colin Goodes site (aboutfarthings) you may well enjoy it.:).

The amount of work some people put into the hobby FOC is amazing.I will certainly buy his book.It will never be perfect just look at Peck and Freemans books.Get a deal done with Chris?

PS welcome Vegas

Edited by Peter

6 hours ago, Vegas said:

*edit* it's silver :wacko::lol: 

And 1 of only 200 made ?