British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

alabomb

Excel spreadsheet of all coins in circulation

Hi

New member, just started collecting a month or so ago. I'm just collecting all of the 50p, £1 and £2 that are currently in circulation and wanted to ask if anyone has a handy spreadsheet which lists them all so that I can tick them off as I go?

Thanks in advance

David

http://www.checkyourchange.co.uk/

The above site Lists all the coins you mention, and has images of each, I wouldn't think it would take long to produce a spreadsheet

There are numerous phone apps as well.

I have now created this spreadsheet so if anyone else needs one in the future, pm me and I'll be happy to email it.

I'm sure it is great but the site is really for predecimal collectors so don't be disappointed by the lack of interest.Although thinking about it the "new penny" is now 47 years old:o

• Like 1

Well I've just got an auction lot which included lots of predecimals which has just started my journey on that side of things so hope I'll be active in the other forums too!

Well done alabomb, good work on the spreadsheets! There are plenty of decimal collectors out there, and some on here, it's great you're getting excited about stuff, it's addictive! ?

• Like 1

Edited by Coinery
Duplication

Hello, since beggining coin collecting a few months back I have been creating a spreadsheet will all decimal coin and note varieties 1/2p - £50 including minor edge beading varieties and portcullis varieties and other 'collector issues' if anyone has any research so that I don't have to do it myself I would be extremely grateful, especially anything on 2p to 10p varieties, thankyou

Get Dave Groom's two volumes on bronze and Cu-Ni. The Identification of British 20th Century (insert your own metal) Coin Varieties. DaveG38 on this forum is the person concerned. He might have a spare copy. As with any list it is continually being extended, but is a good start.

Thanks for advice, that's my plan, to keep extending it as more varieties are discovered and I find some I missed ?

The main reason I am doing it is to highlight the possibilities of new varieties and understand clearly how much we have know

Thanks