British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Got pipped on the nicer 1842 halfcrown, would likely have gone higher if merited and could have seen it. 

Im like jaggy, waiting on DNW in any case. 

On 2/13/2017 at 6:34 PM, azda said:

Fairly surprised at the grade LCs have put on this Edward VI shilling, in fact i think it's pretty poor grading, loads of wear on the face and robe, mine is GVF as comparison 

Screenshot 2017-02-13 17.46.14.png

Screenshot 2017-02-13 17.43.13.png

Can't believe that it hammered at £680

8 hours ago, azda said:

Can't believe that it hammered at £680

Actually, it didn't sell. The one i was looking at was a sixpence, a late night and eyes half closed at the time of posting :blink:

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 1:57 PM, 1949threepence said:

Just looked at the results. Of the two I bid for, I managed to get the Freeman 106 for £90 hammer, but missed out on the Nicer Freeman 105, which went for £650, and I only bid £500. If it had been live I'd have gone higher.

The F105 was a very good coin, I missed out too. Did LCA have a F106? That is another rare coin and well done you for getting it so cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brad said:

The F105 was a very good coin, I missed out too. Did LCA have a F106? That is another rare coin and well done you for getting it so cheap.

Thanks.

Yes, the F105 and F106 were split up, even though they were part of the same original Freeman lot (No 65) from the 1984 Christies sale. They set all the lots with a starting estimate  of less than £100 from the rest, and they were shown on the last couple of pages. I only discovered it quite by chance. It's lot No 3393.

1 hour ago, brad said:

Maybe Mike is not about it was Lot 3393 good buy for the money and a bonus with the ticket :)

Just now, PWA 1967 said:

Maybe Mike is not about it was Lot 3393 good buy for the money and a bonus with the ticket :)

It seemed muddled thinking on their part, Pete. They shouldn't have split the two coins up. Mind, if they hadn't done, I'm betting it would have gone to the buyer of the 105.

Got a nice e mail from LCA today, informing me that my lot was on its way. Together with the tracking number. 

Never had that before from them.

38 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Got a nice e mail from LCA today, informing me that my lot was on its way. Together with the tracking number. 

Me too. They are upping their game which is a good thing.

Guest the coinery
13 hours ago, jaggy said:

Me too. They are upping their game which is a good thing.

I have heard there are new team members so there could be other changes coming  . . .

I hope they improve their photograhs, they are not very good. Look at DNW's!

20 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I have always been happy with the promptness of their delivery service. (They probably should update their T and C which state "allow 21 days for delivery.) The e-mailing of tracking number is quite a new thing with them and I first received one for their September auction last year. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sword said:

I have always been happy with the promptness of their delivery service. (They probably should update their T and C which state "allow 21 days for delivery.) The e-mailing of tracking number is quite a new thing with them and I first received one for their September auction last year. 

Indeed. I've never had any complaints either. My coin arrived today, but unfortunately I was out so will have to collect from the Post Office on Monday. 

1 hour ago, Sword said:

Tracking seems to be the thing now. I am able to track just abut all my coins whether I buy them at DNW, Heritage or from a dealer. I like it.

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

Tracking seems to be the thing now. I am able to track just abut all my coins whether I buy them at DNW, Heritage or from a dealer. I like it.

It should be the NORM and not an exception