British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I do think a standard 'many thanks for your interest in our auction. We take all emails of this nature seriously, and will be looking into the matter shortly,' would've been nice! ? I even dug out some old photographic evidence, and included their own image alongside for their easy reference!

Even though I've probably saved LCA some postage and embarrassment, I will console myself instead with the knowledge that some poor buyer will not be disappointed when taking receipt of a shockingly obvious copy! 

10 hours ago, Coinery said:

I do think a standard 'many thanks for your interest in our auction. We take all emails of this nature seriously, and will be looking into the matter shortly,' would've been nice! ? I even dug out some old photographic evidence, and included their own image alongside for their easy reference!

Even though I've probably saved LCA some postage and embarrassment, I will console myself instead with the knowledge that some poor buyer will not be disappointed when taking receipt of a shockingly obvious copy! 

But Londoncoins are the most knowledgable on British coins so therefor would find it unacceptable that joe bloggs could tell them their job :rolleyes: They also read these boards, so they really should be taking notice, there's no excuse

Edited by azda

FAKE NEWS

2 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

FAKE NEWS

Yes sir President Trump sir :D

11 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

FAKE NEWS

Fake news I can live with - just so long as it's not fake coins :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Fake news I can live with - just so long as it's not fake coins :ph34r:

Hiyooooo :P

49 minutes ago, azda said:

But Londoncoins are the most knowledgable on British coins so therefor would find it unacceptable that joe bloggs could tell them their job :rolleyes: They also read these boards, so they really should be taking notice, there's no excuse

well this one LONDON COINS Listed under COINS FOR SALE  1860 freeman 2+d slabbed as joint finest , but its a 3+d       PE.V1 1860 15

http://www.londoncoins.co.uk/?page=retailv2_details&uin=0007716

Edited by terrysoldpennies

1 minute ago, terrysoldpennies said:

well this one LONDON COINS Listed under COINS FOR SALE  1860 freeman 2+d slabbed as joint finest , but its a 3+d

:ph34r: are standards slipping, seems there are a lot of mistakes being made

1 hour ago, terrysoldpennies said:

well this one LONDON COINS Listed under COINS FOR SALE  1860 freeman 2+d slabbed as joint finest , but its a 3+d       PE.V1 1860 15

That is bad, although I must admit, I find Obverses 2 & 3 very difficult to tell apart. I couldn't do it from a photo. 

No excuse for them though. There's the distinct danger that a buyer might be thinking they're getting a Freeman 10, when in fact it's a 13, and they've already got one.

Mike the D in FD on a Freeman 2 points to the Gap.  on the 3 its to the tooth . except for the 2* which is to tooth.  Terry

Edited by terrysoldpennies

15 minutes ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Mike the D in FD on a Freeman 2 points to the Gap.  on the 3 its to the tooth   Terry

Cheers Terry - foolproof method. That's really useful to know :)

In fairness to LCA, all auction houses make mistakes in their descriptions. I have emailed both DNW and Heritage in the past pointing out mistakes. I have also received emails from them acknowledging the error and thanking me.

• Like 1

Well, I have to eat humble pie here! I had an email from Semra today, saying she'd responded to my email yesterday, but reiterated a position that was grateful and appreciative in the meantime. I checked my 'junk' folder and sure enough there was an email dated yesterday lunchtime.

Sincere apologies Semra...thank-you for your extremely civil email!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Coinery said:

Anyone attending? Did you finally decide in the end, Rob?

Not in person. Made a couple of e mail bids, which are obviously in the lap of the Gods, as unable to influence the outcome on the day, if circumstances prevent actual attendance.   

I'll be there, but not sure that I can afford anything, have my heart set on some DNW offerings (not pennies!).

Jerry

i will be making an email bid on three lots. 

On 27/02/2017 at 0:28 AM, Coinery said:

Anyone attending? Did you finally decide in the end, Rob?

Almost certainly not going

• Like 1

Just looked at the results. Of the two I bid for, I managed to get the Freeman 106 for £90 hammer, but missed out on the Nicer Freeman 105, which went for £650, and I only bid £500. If it had been live I'd have gone higher.

I bid £110 on a penny with estimate £70-£100

sold for £230 inc juice! 

9 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Just looked at the results. Of the two I bid for, I managed to get the Freeman 106 for £90 hammer, but missed out on the Nicer Freeman 105, which went for £650, and I only bid £500. If it had been live I'd have gone higher.

Maybe brad would of aswell on the other thread glad you got one though Mike :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Maybe brad would of aswell on the other thread glad you got one though Mike :)

Cheers Pete.

I bid on two lots and won both of them. Both lots were NGC slabbed coins. Nothing particularly exciting. A 1907 sixpence which is an upgrade at MS63, two George V sixpences (AU58, MS64) and a George V farthing (MS63) for my type set. Saving the big spend for DNW this time around. 

2 hours ago, Coinery said:

I bid £110 on a penny with estimate £70-£100

sold for £230 inc juice!

Which one was that, Stuart?

2 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Which one was that, Stuart?

A bit of a red herring to call it a penny, really! :)

It was Lot 1757 the Edward I penny in NEF. 

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3164.JPG

• Like 1