British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  

Help - How Best to Sell my Large Collection of UNDATED 20p COINS

On 2/6/2017 at 11:13 PM, Sword said:

I laugh at the cheap and ridiculous scams some people try to pull nowadays. 

If you Google "Nicky123 Coins", you will find that another and perhaps unrelated Nicky123 has posted " I have to unfortunately sell my collection of UNDATED 20p COINS Mint Condition: More than 500 pieces Very Good Condition: 150 pieces ... " in another forum. The said person has since claimed that she has received a "good offer". 

Someone then posted "And now they're miraculously sold, without any proof. Congratulations; you win 'Least Convincing Scam, February 2017". 

http://thesilverforum.com/topic/8037-undated-20p-received-a-good-offer/#comment-104302

Oh, I found two 1933 pennies when sorting out old coins ... I wonder if they are valuable .... anyone interested?

Crikey, they're popping up all over the place :o;)

3 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Crikey, they're popping up all over the place :o;)

It's funny because the (confirmed) email address this person has used can be found here;

http://www.reliableoildealsconsultancy.com/hallofscam.html

which is a 'Hall of Scam'. If you're interested, search for 'Scam Lot #2' and it's person number 1 called 'Nicole' (matches Nicky123)

• Like 2

hi nicole your rumbled, he, he,

She should go back to her usual roll of african prince who has a fortune in a european bank and is prepared to give 25% to someone who will help him get it back .

Get that spam rollin' again mr whoever from nigeria

Even accumulating 70 would be some feat, there's no fools here to be had scammer

If you're going to try to scam people it helps if you make it sound at least vaguely plausible. I know sfa about coins, being a total rookie, but even I know you'd have to have your own press to have that many. <_<

10 hours ago, farmerjill said:

If you're going to try to scam people it helps if you make it sound at least vaguely plausible. I know sfa about coins, being a total rookie, but even I know you'd have to have your own press to have that many. <_<

Absolutely.

They've got to get up very early in the morning to get one past us. Even if one doesn't spot a scam/liar, another one or several will. 

I do find it rather ironic that her title is "Unidentified Variety" when her "variety" appears to have been identified...

Might be we need a new category "Identified Variety: :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:"

Can I spend the 5 Guinea piece that I got in change at the newsagents...are guineas still legal tender?..thanks