British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

The Coinery

Penny 1875 - AU - MS60 - 61 - Hard to Find

Penny 1875

I have only ever had two of these pennies and I have recently upgraded from this one.

CGS have only ever had 3 submitted for grading. There is one at Grade 10 which is not even on the MS scale. There is this one I have for sale at Grade 70 and my current one at Grade 78.

I can't comment about other slabbing companies or other raw examples out there but I personally think it is a hard coin to find.

Grade: AU - MS60-61  (CGS 70)

Dies: 8+G (1860.18) - Sea crosses linear circle at left

UIN: 18887

Freeman: 79

£ 250 - Free Delivery

Will remove from slab if requested

References from other Pre-decimal members upon request.

img-1.jpg

img-2.jpg

I'll take it - cheers Guy. PM sent. Incorporated in reply to your last one in fact. 

Been trying to get a decent F79 for ages. Has proved very elusive.

10 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I'll take it - cheers Guy. PM sent. Incorporated in reply to your last one in fact. 

Been trying to get a decent F79 for ages. Has proved very elusive.

Hi Mike - SOLD !!!!

Thank You

Will post off today.

When it arrives would you mind making mention here that it arrived safe and that you are happy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Coinery said:

Hi Mike - SOLD !!!!

Thank You

Will post off today.

When it arrives would you mind making mention here that it arrived safe and that you are happy

Not sure whether you've seen my PM's Guy, but I would appreciate confirmation that you've either posted, or not managed to post it to me yet, plus the tracking number if you have. Credited your paypal account with £250 at 9:12am this morning, then sent you the confirmatory e mail from paypal. 

Thanks a lot :)

Looks to be a very nice Penny ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garrett said:

Looks to be a very nice Penny ! 

It does indeed. i just don't get why Guy is ignoring my query. 

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

I would assume he isn't ignoring you but has a life outside the forum. I'm sure it will all be fine ☺

39 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

I would assume he isn't ignoring you but has a life outside the forum. I'm sure it will all be fine ☺

I'm sure you're right, but he has actually been on the forum several times since I asked. Once, to post a new thread. So one would assume if he has time to do that, then he also has time to answer a very simple query. Namely, did he have time yesterday to post the item, and what is the tracking number, as I'd also asked to confirm that he was sending by next day tracked delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

I'm sure you're right, but he has actually been on the forum several times since I asked. Once, to post a new thread. So one would assume if he has time to do that, then he also has time to answer a very simple query. Namely, did he have time yesterday to post the item, and what is the tracking number, as I'd also asked to confirm that he was sending by next day tracked delivery. 

I sold Guy a coin late last year, it took around 2 months from initial contact to finalising because he was busy. I don't think he's ignoring you either, probably just overlooking what he's posted because he's posting another topic. He'll get back to you eventually

15 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Had to deal with a horrendous family situation. My son also uses this profile with me. Coin will go off in the morning. 

18 hours ago, The Coinery said:

Had to deal with a horrendous family situation. My son also uses this profile with me. Coin will go off in the morning. 

OK, thanks Guy - and thanks for the tracking No. Much appreciated.

Hope your bad situation got resolved. 

Picked up from Post Office this morning. One very satisfied customer. Thanks Guy, all the best :) 

On 8 February 2017 at 1:44 PM, 1949threepence said:

Picked up from Post Office this morning. One very satisfied customer. Thanks Guy, all the best :) 

You can ALWAYS trust a Yorkshireman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Coinery said:

You can ALWAYS trust a Yorkshireman

Aye. To keep his hand in his pocket..............

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

Aye. To keep his hand in his pocket..............

Nay Lad - Yorkshiremen always appear to have their hands in their pockets as they are looking for money to buy their M8's a pint . . .

16 hours ago, The Coinery said:

Nay Lad - Yorkshiremen always appear to have their hands in their pockets as they are looking for money to buy their M8's a pint . . .

So all this talk about the Queen blinking and dust flying out when a Yorkshireman opens his wallet, is a slight exaggeration then ? ;)  

I always thought the POWs' trousers in the Great Escape were made in Yorkshire.:mellow:

6 hours ago, Rob said:

I always thought the POWs' trousers in the Great Escape were made in Yorkshire.:mellow:

No Lad - they were made in Germany in the POW camp.  We Yorkshiremen still use them as others and Softy Tight Sutaners never get their hands in their pockets so we Yorkshiremen need extra deep ones.  W still hand suthoners in Leeds City Square until dead and then dip them in gravy and eat them.