British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

The Coinery

Penny - 1902 - Kings Norton Trial Piece

Guest NOVICE

Hello

As a model coin collector , and now move on to collect royal mint and other trial coins, am I allow to copy and paste your pictures that you have posted , so I can add them to my collection of pictures to know what is out there

Tony

People are happy to share information on this forum. Problems with copyright usually occur when publishing other people's images for personal gain.

On 31 January 2017 at 10:29 AM, Nordle11 said:

In which case I think it was from when KN were trying to secure rights to supply blanks for the London Mint, and having the equipment themselves to actually strike coins they wanted to create examples of what they could produce as well. I suspect that's what lead to them being brought in in 1918 & 1919, although as has been noted the obverse is very weakly struck which might explain why they were attempting to produce examples during Eddy's reign and didn't actually create any pennies until a decade later.

Attempts at expansion I would guess.

Which they did, long before 1918/19 if you read the introduction to Michael Freeman's 'bible'. Officially they supplied the Mint with blanks from 1912, but given the reddish colour of their blanks, it's not too far-fetched to think they also supplied some between 1908-1910. 

• Like 1