British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
IanB

1904 Penny

I have been looking for a 1904 penny for a while. Anyone selling one.

25 minutes ago, IanB said:

I have been looking for a 1904 penny for a while. Anyone selling one.

This one I remember taking a very long time to find and I eventually gave in and spent over the odds, although it was an ex- Dr. Findlow coin.

LCA have 2, one is more realistically priced albeit a still a little high. The other is far too overpriced and while it's highly graded, completely lacks any eye appeal.

Good luck Ian!

Thank you for the tip on where to look Matt. I have never thought to look there previously. I have also been pointed towards one by Pete. So now I am spoilt for choice.

The difference in price between the two LCA coins is huge, the expensive one, I am sure is a good coin but not for me.

I will try and photograph the final choice and post it, but my attempts at photograph so far are best deleted

7 minutes ago, IanB said:

Thank you for the tip on where to look Matt. I have never thought to look there previously. I have also been pointed towards one by Pete. So now I am spoilt for choice.

The difference in price between the two LCA coins is huge, the expensive one, I am sure is a good coin but not for me.

I will try and photograph the final choice and post it, but my attempts at photograph so far are best deleted

Anytime Ian. To be honest I wouldn't pay £300 for a 1904 even if it had come straight out of the press and into my hand, that price is exorbitant.

Would still like to see the final decision anyway :)

If it helps, I believe Guy (@The Coinery) has a couple of them in different grades, all slabbed. From his last list in December I can see the following;

PENNY                      GRADE

PE.E7.1904.01 65
PE.E7.1904.01 78
PE.E7.1904.01 80
PE.E7.1904.01 85

Might be worth a message for photos.

It's like a bus, I look for one for ages and then several turn up at once.?

Hi Ian

Here is a photo of the 1904 CGS 85 grade / Choice UNC/BU.

This is the Joint Finest graded by CGS or LCGS as they are called now.

If you want more photos just let me know.

Guy

img-1.jpg

img-2.jpg

That's very, very nice, I'm jealous.

Thanks Guy, I have one in the post at the moment. Could you PM me the price for your one please.

Ian

Sign in to follow this