British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

:Panyone there selling a gothic florin 1887,thx!

Hi, you could add all your wants into one thread instead of creating individual ones

Also maybe a bit more  proactive claude who are you ,i dont mean as far as a criminal record more what do you collect :blink:.

That aside welcome to the forum :)

48 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Also maybe a bit more  proactive claude who are you ,i dont mean as far as a criminal record more what do you collect :blink:.

That aside welcome to the forum :)

hi,thanks for your comment;i collect british coins and notes

1 hour ago, azda said:

Hi, you could add all your wants into one thread instead of creating individual ones

hi,thx for your comment;what u say is true but,as I am a new collector,my wants are changing every single day by discovering more facts related to british coins;thx again

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Well thats a start .

Let me know what banknotes your looking for as have a lot :D

:) thx! after some pre 1930 notes,and 5£ notes from 1971 onwards

10 minutes ago, claude-83 said:

:) thx! after some pre 1930 notes,and 5£ notes from 1971 onwards

Probably have most your looking for .....send me a PM with a list.

Pete.

1 hour ago, claude-83 said:

hi,thx for your comment;what u say is true but,as I am a new collector,my wants are changing every single day by discovering more facts related to british coins;thx again

Even if your wants change daily you can always mention it ALL in the same thread

1 hour ago, azda said:

Even if your wants change daily you can always mention it ALL in the same thread

:Dyes,u're right

31 minutes ago, claude-83 said:

:Dyes,u're right

hi,bought this 1937 coin set from a dealer;your thoughts,how would u grade this one ,your opinion please1937 reverse.jpg

1937 obverse.jpg

Welcome to the forum and happy 2017.

Can't be certain with regard to grades from your photos. Looks like VF to NEF for the silvers, penny looks to be aUNC.

There is no right or wrong way to start collecting and the initial purchases depend a lot on one's budget. Buying a starter set like this is perfectly fine (providing it was reasonably cheap) if just to get an idea of the denominations you might like to focus on in the future. But I would advise not buying many more such "sets" as they were put together by dealers using coins that are difficult to sell individually. E.g. GVF is not a very collectable condition for a 1937. Better off spending £20 or £30 on a real UNC coin instead in my view.

And if you are changing your mind regularly about what you want, might be it is better to do more reading / research on the internet before buying more. Otherwise, you will accumulate a number of coins you won't want to keep later on. 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 1

:)oh... u are a top sir;thanks for your reply