British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

He's very good at sleeping, is Frank....

He came in the workshop recently, when I was really busy,  him miaowing his head off as usual, pretending he was starving to death,

so I quickly grabbed the pack of cat treats, poured some out under his nose, and he looked up like I was an idiot.

I was.

I'd poured him a neat pile of ground coffee......

P1030160.jpeg.4944d5e4c88319de296fa268ad921c91.jpeg

• Haha 3

Monte.  Our next door neighbor's cat keeping the hot water service warm. A firm favorite

around our units.

Plant in my courtyard. Strophanthus gratus a source of arrow tip poison in tropical Africa.

DSC00718.JPG

DSC09580.JPG

Edited by ozjohn
typo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

Sometimes I look into our Roo's eyes and think, yes, humans, we're f**kin'  useless, aren't we.

60 million of us, and Piccaninny Watermelon Smiles Letterbox is the best we can come up with? Really?

To hell in a handcart, and it's no less than we deserve.

Roo.jpg

Ian Blackford - without naming him explicitly - called him a racist. The Speaker warned him, then invited him to continue with his question. Ian Blackford didn't withdraw the 'insult' and wasn't warned again. Says it all really.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Michael-Roo said:

Sometimes I look into our Roo's eyes and think, yes, humans, we're f**kin'  useless, aren't we.

60 million of us, and Piccaninny Watermelon Smiles Letterbox is the best we can come up with? Really?

To hell in a handcart, and it's no less than we deserve.

Roo.jpg

I hadn't heard of the 'picaninny' quote, so I hadn't a clue what was meant, except perhaps "Picaninny Watermelon Smiles Letterbox"

was either the name of some poor show cat that had  hideously pretentious owners, or Jacob Rees-Moggs next child....

57 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

I hadn't heard of the 'picaninny' quote, so I hadn't a clue what was meant, except perhaps "Picaninny Watermelon Smiles Letterbox"

was either the name of some poor show cat that had  hideously pretentious owners, or Jacob Rees-Moggs next child....

One of Blo-Job's infamous quotes - "Scots should be exterminated" "All Liverpudlians have a victim mentality" (in relation to Hillsborough!) "picanninnies" "gangster letter boxes" etc etc.

It must be nice to have money to burn!

A guitar heard on iconic Pink Floyd albums sold for a record $3.975 million at auction Thursday, and Jim Irsay is the instrument's new owner.

The Indianapolis Colts owner picked up three items at the David Gilmour Guitar Collection auction at Christie's New York salesroom:...

Just back from my birthday treat trip. They treat their camels better than their wives, well a camel is worth a lot of money.

MVIMG_20190530_171353 (Medium).jpg

MVIMG_20190604_185643 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Gary D
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RLC35 said:

A guitar heard on iconic Pink Floyd albums sold for a record $3.975 million at auction Thursday, and Jim Irsay is the instrument's new owner.

The Indianapolis Colts owner picked up three items at the David Gilmour Guitar Collection auction at Christie's New York salesroom:...

:o

Dave Gilmour needs the money, of course.  

(Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team)

• Like 1

The auction raised £17 million and he gave it all to a charity of his choice.Plenty people have a few quid who are tighter than paint.

Hat off to him 👍

Edited by PWA 1967
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

The auction raised £17 million and he gave it all to a charity of his choice.Plenty people have a few quid who are tighter than paint.

Hat off to him 👍

Ditto. Hadn't realised about the charity. Hat off.

Its all going to climate change charity

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 7:47 PM, jelida said:

Excellent idea Dave, well here's a 'where you live' , or rather where I will be living come the Spring, the ancient farmhouse we have just bought in South Herefordshire, a few miles from Abergavenny and Hay on Wye. Lots of work to do, but in a gorgeous isolated setting (apart from the church and country pub 400 yards away!) Has had something of an adverse effect on penny funds though :(   Blue sky in mid October.

20161015_120831_resized.jpg

Whats the update on this Jerry, got a new photo for us, it's been 2 years since you showed us this

2 hours ago, azda said:

Whats the update on this Jerry, got a new photo for us, it's been 2 years since you showed us this

Hi Dave, I’ll take a couple of pics tomorrow when the sun is right. About £150k lighter, but the renovation is just about done, we even have central heating and a water supply (borehole). I love it here.

Jerry

8 minutes ago, jelida said:

Hi Dave, I’ll take a couple of pics tomorrow when the sun is right. About £150k lighter, but the renovation is just about done, we even have central heating and a water supply (borehole). I love it here.

Jerry

Great to hear Jerry, a labour of love, look forward to seeing it.

• Like 1

Been sorting through some of my old photos from the Falklands and scanning some of them in. I rather liked this one - an old wreck hull being used partially as a storage warehouse by the locals:

1497367334_PB221.thumb.jpg.18f8ba99b879d916d97189f3f1e25430.jpg

• Like 8

Here are a couple of pics of our place after 2 years of renovation. Got to start on the barns next. The wildflower meadow in front of the house gets cut from late July, its a mass of fritillaries, cowslips, primulas etc in the spring.

Jerry

image091.jpg

image094.jpg

• Like 6

image095.jpg

image097.jpg

• Like 2

image098.jpg

image096.jpg

• Like 5

image099.jpg

• Like 6

I liked this boat on Mull, particularly because it was at the same set of colours as its surroundings....

P1040259.thumb.jpeg.749662a04eababc3b3d74ffc22f44527.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi Jelida,

Nice place. We have nothing like it in Australia. I think the oldest European structure in Australia is probability Capt. Cooks' cottage in Fitzroy Gardens, Melbourne which was brought to Australia in the 1930s.

ozjohn

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jelida said:

Here are a couple of pics of our place after 2 years of renovation. Got to start on the barns next. The wildflower meadow in front of the house gets cut from late July, its a mass of fritillaries, cowslips, primulas etc in the spring.

Jerry

image091.jpg

image094.jpg

If I were fortunate enough to end up with this place, it would have a recording studio in in by the end of the month!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blakeyboy said:

If I were fortunate enough to end up with this place, it would have a recording studio in in by the end of the month!!!!

Well, the building on the far left in the pics contains several dozen early valve amplifiers from Leak, Quad, Pye, Pamphonic and many others, a dozen Quad ESL57, Lowther, Kef, Spendor and other speakers, valve testers and vintage TV’s and radios, you can hardly move! And valves by the hundred if not thousand. I used to be as obsessed by audio as I am now by coins, and still have an active interest. I bought a nice early Naim pre/power  combo in a local auction on Tuesday, currently on the bench awaiting new caps, led’s etc. A lot of things are on a back burner at the moment including renovation of a couple more series land rovers-  I am due for fusion of four cervical vertebrae with decompression of multi-level cervical spinal stenosis on 10th July (if there is a hospital bed), and at present my limb power and co-ordination is significantly reduced. I can barely walk to the pub! So I have to keep practicing.

Jerry

3 hours ago, jelida said:

Well, the building on the far left in the pics contains several dozen early valve amplifiers from Leak, Quad, Pye, Pamphonic and many others, a dozen Quad ESL57, Lowther, Kef, Spendor and other speakers, valve testers and vintage TV’s and radios, you can hardly move! And valves by the hundred if not thousand. I used to be as obsessed by audio as I am now by coins, and still have an active interest. I bought a nice early Naim pre/power  combo in a local auction on Tuesday, currently on the bench awaiting new caps, led’s etc. A lot of things are on a back burner at the moment including renovation of a couple more series land rovers-  I am due for fusion of four cervical vertebrae with decompression of multi-level cervical spinal stenosis on 10th July (if there is a hospital bed), and at present my limb power and co-ordination is significantly reduced. I can barely walk to the pub! So I have to keep practicing.

Jerry

Nice Jerry, out of cuoristy, how old is the building? Is it also listed?

Only where Jerry hasn't finished the underpinning.

• Haha 3