British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rick2020

1860 Half Penny overstike on D in F:D:

There is an overstrike on the letter D in F:D: in my 1860 half penny.

I dont think its a D over D but maybe a more experienced eye will be able to tell me more about this.

Regards 

download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f1%5fAE%2bti

The image doesn't work - looks like you've tried to link to an email attachment.

How do double punches like this affect the value of the coin?

Although l have been collecting coins for a while l only recently decided to include "mistakes" in my interests. Thus l have to plead a lot of ignorance here so please bear with me :-)

Some errors attach a premium, but they usually ahve to be spectacular. This shouldn't make any difference, though eBay sellers might disagree