British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi all,

Thinking about purchasing this coin which the seller describes as AEF - Id just like to ask people on here their opinions on the grade because ive been caught out before with over graded coins. :mellow: 

Opinions on toning etc much appreciated also, seems to be quite a dark tone on this coin.

Thanks,

c44:D

19831_1024x1024.jpg

It depends on how 'about' is AEF. I'd have said it's GVF, but that's not much of a stretch to AEF if you are a bit loose on the definition of 'about.' For me there's some wear in the hair and on the shoulder that takes it down to GVF, but that's just my view. The photos are a bit poor to be more specific. Even so, it appears to be a nice coin.

I'd say the grade was about right, but ask for some better pictures as they are dark

I have one on sale which I am confident is GVF or better , others may disagree of course! 

1703_sx_vigo_02_03_2400.jpg

• Like 1

Don't have a Vigo, but have 2 1705s at MS62, Roses and Plumes and Plumes REVs

Better pictures are required