British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

Am I turning into a grumpy ? Bloody simon cowell et al

Am I the only person in this country that does not love two hours of x factor at the premium times on saturday and sunday nights ?

Whatever happend to those period dramas and good films that were on nearly every weekend , now replaced by the sharon and simon show .

Makes you bloody sick .

Partner now watching this drival so I cannot watch planet earth II till its finished , grrrrrr

Bah humbug

• Like 3

It's not just you that can't abide the X factor. It's inane juvenile drivel - I'm beginning to sound like my Dad, God help me :o

2 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

It's not just you that can't abide the X factor. It's inane juvenile drivel - I'm beginning to sound like my Dad, God help me :o

"We are all fated to turn into our parents "

Said the wise man

I can't stand x factor or similar, but then I don't watch much TV anyway. The better news is that the wife can't stand it either. :)

Chez Rob is quite harmonious at present :)

Our remote has a very large, friendly, and often used mute button.

Edited by Rob

My current favourite channel is freeview 42 with life in Alaska...Life below zero....just started.:)

I bought a new 55" curve screen last year and I find myself barely watching TV these days, it's an ornament :mellow:

The craving for reality TV is bordering on the ridiculous and then the non entities thinking they are superstars after a few hours of being on TV is just crass, for example, The only way is Essex, then the spin offs of this shite such as wots her name' baby diaries........

Can't believe people pay for this drivel

Edited by azda

"Life below zero" , sounds like the uk

The only way is Essex is puke , celebrity bb , and big brother (is it still going?) that  jungle crap (better name for it)

Shall we start a petition to parliment ?

The grumpies charter , calls for a blanket ban on reality tv

And give brian cox and david attenborough knighthoods , oh sorry Attenborough already is one

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, copper123 said:

The only way is Essex is puke , celebrity bb , and big brother (is it still going?) that  jungle crap (better name for it)

Shall we start a petition to parliment ?

The grumpies charter , calls for a blanket ban on reality tv

And give brian cox and david attenborough knighthoods , oh sorry Attenborough already is one

You don't need to petition parliament, just don't mindlessly watch programs just because they are on. A lack of viewers will soon mean loss of advertising revenue which will feed through into more selective programming. The basic problem with TV is that they probably make as many good programs now as they did a few decades ago, just that now they are spread over a couple hundred channels instead of being squeezed into three or four. A quick look around the channels sees the same faces hosting the same me too programs. See one, you've seen them all............. many times over. :(

All this is pie in the sky of course as the mindless majority are alive and well. Lowest common denomiinator TV is thriving and will continue to do so, but that doesn't mean you as an individual have to watch.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

You don't need to petition parliament, just don't mindlessly watch programs just because they are on. A lack of viewers will soon mean loss of advertising revenue which will feed through into more selective programming. The basic problem with TV is that they probably make as many good programs now as they did a few decades ago, just that now they are spread over a couple hundred channels instead of being squeezed into three or four. A quick look around the channels sees the same faces hosting the same me too programs. See one, you've seen them all............. many times over. :(

But there are so many jeremy kyle contestants  out there , too many chavs and plebs

Even The apprentice ,the only remotely watchable one is starting to piss me off

Yes, well, Sugar has become a celeb too. Pity he didn't devote so much effort to ensuring his manufacturing businesses endured.

he did - in china

8 minutes ago, copper123 said:

he did - in china

But we need the jobs here, otherwise our society collapses.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

But we need the jobs here, otherwise our society collapses.

What do you expect? He's a Labour Peer. Lining one's pockets seems to be a speciality of Labour politicians, whilst at the same time bemoaning the fate of the poor..

40 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

What do you expect? He's a Labour Peer. Lining one's pockets seems to be a speciality of Labour politicians, whilst at the same time bemoaning the fate of the poor..

Hypocrites of the first order. 

I am really GRUMPY ....X factor ,Essex ,Soaps ,Big brother,Jungle ....all Garbage.

Fortunately the wife does not watch them either apart from that dancing thing thats also RANG :wacko:

Just come back from 3 weeks in the Philippines. X factor, essex, Soaps, Big brother, Jungle etc is quality TV compared the drivel I've had to endure. What really really p1$$e$ me off is the BBC world service, I'm in a foreign land and I want to know what is going on in the UK, BBC world service everything except UK news and then they spend more time telling you what is comming on in 15 different time zones than actually playing the program.