British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nonmortuus

George V 1911 Halfcrown Axis Rotation

I managed to pick up two nice examples of 1911 Half crowns recently. The one has the usual alignment of Obverse and Reverse however the better of the two has a noticeable axis rotation. Has anyone else come across this with George V Half crowns and specifically 1911? If this a fairly common thing? I ask as I have not seen this on any of my other George V Half crowns.

1911 HC #4 Die alignment small.jpg

• Like 2

No, but I've got an approximately 35 degree out of true rotation on a 1908 shilling, if that's any help.  So definitely in that ballpark, date wise.

They were very common in the Victoriam era, but not abundantly clear when they stopped. If indeed, they ever did. Although you wouldn't expect to see one today. 

Checked mine. Strait as. Yours is a nice coin a good candiate for the toned coin thread.

• Like 1

I actually picked up 2 from the same seller at the same time. This was the other:

1911-hc-3.jpg