British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Jeremy Leach

CollectAny - Useful collecting software

Hi,

Just to pick up on an earlier point about averaging valuations from different sources, here's a short video showing how calculated fields are easy to set up in CollectAny, using the example mentioned. i.e averaging the valuations from SPINK, CCGB and the Coin Yearbook.

Regards

Jeremy

This is just picking up on an earlier point about how you can add 'Monarch' information into your CollectAny coin collection by using 'sub-collections'. I've created this video just to explain the process. It's also in the tutorials section of the www.collectany.com website.  These are all the videos I intend to create just now but thought they might be of use.
Regards
Jeremy Leach

Hi,

For anyone interested in our software, it's now been updated so the suggested coin collection design in the 'one-click designer' includes the fields you mentioned above (if you have the app already it will prompt to update). I've attached a screen-shot of a lot of the fields.

As my videos show, you can edit these suggested designs however you wish so there's nothing in concrete. However hopefully the suggested design is a good starting point now.

I've read up a bit about condition and rarity and can see there's a lot of debate and difference depending on country etc !  I've included the Sheldon Grade, the British Grade, the Sheldon Rarity and the Universal Rarity so hopefully this might cover a few bases.

There are a number of other fields you mentioned too.   

Regards

Jeremy Leach

WarmBreeze software

CollectAnySomeOfTheCoinFields.PNG

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just to mention that the CollectAny Windows app now has the ability to create websites from your collections - so if you have web-space (which is very cheap these days) you could publish your own websites easily to display your collections. More details at the bottom of this page :

http://collectany.azurewebsites.net/live/Tutorials/Tutorial%20sets

All the best

Jeremy Leach, WarmBreeze software

On 3 November 2016 at 8:38 PM, jaggy said:

I'm a Mac user so Windows software is not relevant to me.

One of the problems with Mac is that developers have to keep pace with new operating system releases and, if they don't, you can find that the application no longer works after an upgrade.

As a result of experience, I would emphasize the importance of the ability to export data in a format readable by standard software such as Excel. That way, if the worst comes to the worst, you can always read the data into a new application and not have to rekey. I appreciate that this tends to be less of a problem in the Windows world but it never hurts none the less.

It applies if the developer is tied to a particular API set that gets upgraded by Apple in their annual release. Adobe Photoshop rarely suffers - CS6 can be used on Macs running as far back as 10.6, and Elements 6 runs in 10.5 on a PPC Mac right through to at least El Capitan. Microsoft software often survives quite a few MacOS releases, and even where it doesn't, Apple's own Pages, Numbers and Keynote will not only open Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents, but will save in the Microsoft format too. LibreOffice (free open source equivalent of Office) will open a lot of old formats, even going back to WordPerfect. 

Where applications require only a minor change after a MacOS upgrade, you will often find that developers won't charge you for the latest version.

Having used OSX since Tiger (10.4) I've suffered very few software failures after an upgrade, and most of them have been upgraded free of charge.

Edited by Peckris