British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
copper123

bad hair day?

deerhair.jpg

• Like 3

:)

Believe me...we had one in our garden not long ago only a young one.

Must of come in why the electric gates were open,a lovely animal and i was concerned as it was getting anxious trying to get out.

Nice to see in the wild in manchester ......:)

well not really wild in manchester - its at dunham massey, an enclosed park - I do know the odd one or two goes missing but not at this time of the year -its the rut - they have other things on their mind besides escapeing at the moment.

YEER your idea of entertainment is a flash at pennington

flash.jpg

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Alright behave ...i am busy with the Hacienda...... do do doh do doh do doh :lol:

Love the deer....

Mention of haciendas always reminds me of that film "Lone Wolf McQuade" when David Carradine says "Welcome to my hacienda, Mr McQuade" to Chuck Norris, before they had their martial arts fight.  

Mike get the tunes on ...turn it up and enjoy yourself :D

Should say the wife has had a go at me a couple of times in the last couple of hours but ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Pete :)

we get wild deers in north manchester, or one anyway.

39 minutes ago, scott said:

we get wild deers in north manchester, or one anyway.

10 months ago we saw two parties of three in Drinkwater Park. Not bad for 3 miles from the city centre.

we used to get one in Whitefield, dunno where it went, or came from.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

10 months ago we saw two parties of three in Drinkwater Park. Not bad for 3 miles from the city centre.

Nice to see them.

As you know Rob its pretty quiet were we are and seen a couple. but still strange to have one in your garden :)

We don't get them in my part of South Wales. Or if we do, they don't get past the council estate up the road ?.

But the nicest steak I ever had was from a couple of kilo of venison I was given by a patient a few years ago.

Jerry

6 minutes ago, jelida said:

We don't get them in my part of South Wales. Or if we do, they don't get past the council estate up the road ?.

But the nicest steak I ever had was from a couple of kilo of venison I was given by a patient a few years ago.

Jerry

Definately spot on for eating and yes quality.

Although i am not adverse to killing things i definately could not kill a deer  :(

Bit contradictory.....but a lovely animal and especially nice to see in the wild.

I must have a soft part to me :)

Hope you were not treating him for being a random nutcase Jerry ;)

2 hours ago, jelida said:

Jerry

@jelida I lived in South Wales when i was about 18 (many moons ago) Initially staying in Cardiff, Roath to be exact, then moved up the Rhondda near Tonypandy

Hey there scott there are deer in philips park near whitefield , its got extensive grounds and theres quite a bit of countrysibe around kersley  wher they can wonder round as well

4 minutes ago, copper123 said:

Hey there scott there are deer in philips park near whitefield , its got extensive grounds and theres quite a bit of countrysibe around kersley  wher they can wonder round as well

Copper were abouts in Manchester are you......dont worry i am not OLD BILL :P

10 hours ago, azda said:

@jelida I lived in South Wales when i was about 18 (many moons ago) Initially staying in Cardiff, Roath to be exact, then moved up the Rhondda near Tonypandy

I also lived in Roath as a student, in the late '70's. Not a bad city to be a student in, though I try to avoid the 'skull attack' these days!  Purchased my first pennies while in Cardiff, from an elderly dealer called Frank Webster,  long dead now I am sure. Still got them.

Jerry

10 hours ago, jelida said:

I also lived in Roath as a student, in the late '70's. Not a bad city to be a student in, though I try to avoid the 'skull attack' these days!  Purchased my first pennies while in Cardiff, from an elderly dealer called Frank Webster,  long dead now I am sure. Still got them.

Jerry

Yes, Roath was kind of like bed and breakfast land, lots of students. My friend and i had an interesting evening down Cardiff queen street, after an evening at the disco we went into a 24hr McDonalds where the locals thought we were English, (we had 1 English guy with us, we both spoke broad Scots dialect) needless to say it didn't end well, some severely battered Welsh pride that night, i got home at 6am, my buddy came home at 8am with a broken finger, the English guy who had 2 teeth missing from the evenings entertainment :D

Many years ago myself and a couple of mates toured Wales in my mate's clapped out old van. We found the South of Wales very friendly, but it was a different story further North, and we got a distinct air of hostility at times. In particular one pub in Gwynedd, where it was 100% Welsh speaking, and we got served by very surly bar staff who deliberately kept us waiting. We couldn't understand what the group of youths on the next table were saying, whilst they were staring at us and laughing, but we did hear the expression "English twats" and decided to leave rather than rise to the bait.

Edited by 1949threepence

On 24/10/2016 at 8:06 PM, copper123 said:

Phillips park is joined to drinkwater park.. makes sense i guess, but it still a good distance to the industrial estate and whitefield park areas.

One group was headed up valley from the fishpond below Phillips park towards the motorway roundabout. They could use the bridge over to the rugby club. By the time they get to the school it isn't a million miles away

northern deer is tougher than a Manc on special brew.Avoid if possible.

• Like 1