British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

Double headed sixpence

Hi All, A double headed sixpence has come into my possession. It has a convex queens head and a concave one on the other side.it also has a letter of authentication from the mint. Any idea of the value of such a piece. Thank you for any assistance.

Hi Duncan.

Have you got a picture please sounds like a Brockage.

If not a picture what year is it ?.

The coin is not actually mine,I believe the year is 1940( will correct later if wrong) i will also obtain a picture but will have to wait a few days for that.

Yeah does sound like a brockage. Depending on the condition you can sell it from anywhere between about 70 - 400 quid. There are less buyers out there for error coins, but if you do sell it don't just take the first low ball offer (which you will get), someone will come along.

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Have you got a picture please sounds like a Brockage.

If not a picture what year is it ?.

The year won't be known (it would have been on the reverse).  If it has the current Queen's head on it, it will be between 1953 and 1967.

The royal mint letter would give some details and not just say sixpence.

Edited by PWA 1967

5 minutes ago, Duncan said:

What would be the best way to sell this piece?

With a photo :)

• Like 1

Yes, or PM me with the photo. LOL. I do however collect such ephemera. Most of these are not legit as you know, and have had the "assistance" of a machinist. The letter should be photoed also....

Will try and get pic as well as letter and attach on here, my computer skills not great though