British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Conor44

1693 Shilling William & Mary for sale

Hi all,

Selling a rather nice example of a William and Mary silver Shilling from 1693. It's in a pretty good grade but since I'm relatively new to the hobby I obviously keep away from grading so judge for yourself from the photos. Purchased from a well known BNTA dealer and 100% genuine. Check out my other coins on my eBay page.

Thanks, Conor ?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLIAM-AND-MARY-SHILLING-1693-/262670890948?hash=item3d2867b7c4%3Ag%3Al9sAAOSwgZ1XsC55&_trkparms=pageci%253Acf7b31e1-92b2-11e6-9948-74dbd1806c10%257Cparentrq%253Ac77e76941570a7868973bb1bffff3d7a%257Ciid%253A3

Hi Conor, you say you're relatively new to the hobby but your eBay name suggests you sell coins? Anyway, i'd be interested to know what the BNTA member graded it as, it's quite worn with some decrorative scrolling on both the OBV and REV.

15 minutes ago, azda said:

Hi Conor, you say you're relatively new to the hobby but your eBay name suggests you sell coins? Anyway, i'd be interested to know what the BNTA member graded it as, it's quite worn with some decrorative scrolling on both the OBV and REV.

Well, I believe myself to be 'new' by the standards of many people on here, I'm at it for years , just that I would be wary of grading my own coins etc, I suppose 'new' was a bit of a stupid statement. The seller didn't specify a grade and the scrolling has aroused a lot of debate as to whether it was mint made or post mint

1 hour ago, Rob said:

post mint

Agreed, not sure why there would be much debate about the scroll............Good luck with your sale Conor

Sign in to follow this