British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Sword

Brexit and money talk

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I guarantee that May will do almost anything to stay in the single market. Even if in modified form. 

We don't want to be in the single market, we just want access to it.

A clean break would be quicker and better for the UK rather than trying to piece together something, we already know that ALL 27 nations have to be in complete agreement for any deal to go through, Look at Canada, 10 years negotiating, one refusal, the deal is dead. We already know the biggest benefactors of the Freedom of movement to their own economies have said they would block any deal without freedom of movement.

Interesting piece on BBC news where shoppers from the Irish Republic are crossing the border to cash on on bargains as a result of the weaker pound against the euro. Irish shoppers are flocking in particular to Newry and Londonderry, where many stores have signs saying that the euro is welcome. 

It's a win win for both the Irish shoppers and the stores, who are doing a roaring trade.   

2 hours ago, josie said:

Maybe UKGB can flood the market with UKGB products like cars etc and supply them with spare parts,Nissan will stay and will make a super factory something base in UKGB for EU,wish DMC in Ireland.

https://www.ft.com/content/eabd6152-9c29-11e6-8324-be63473ce146

The gloom and doom merchants among the bremoaners, are being proved wrong, as today's news clearly shows. 

Read a bit of a private speech given by Jim Mellor to German investors in Munich, copied below

"The main and worst decision that was ever made by the European Union was to introduce a common currency whi...ch is now in 18 of your countries. That common currency is a disastrous economic experiment. It is probably the worst economic experiment in the history of recorded economics. If anyone here feels that the Euro is going to remain as a currency I’d be happy to debate them on it because I think it has very limited time life left. The problems are mounting every day. The cracks are there and what I raised in 2006 about the coming economic collapse, it was two years until that happened.

I would say the Euro has between 1 and 5 years left of life and its gone as it currently stands. The reason why I wanted us to be out - and it is a selfish point - is because when the boat sinks you want to be on the lifeboat, you don’t want to be on the main ship singing the national anthem, or Ode to Joy in the case of the EU, and being dragged down in the wake.

The collapse of the Euro, which is in my opinion a certainty, is going to have unbelievable economic consequences. All banks will have to be nationalised, they have to be recapitalised and changed. There is going to be a tremendous break-up of debt, who owns what in terms of debt. Who goes into a new stronger currency union or does every country have its own individual currency.

All these questions are unanswerable at the moment. But anyone who thinks that the Euro is going to remain as a currency in its current form I think is absolutely deluded"

If Nissan leave in two years or more from now this company are taking over the market now?   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_Land_Rover

They must building up there sales and supply chain? maybe they are on a research on electrical-electronics-mechanical car,smart car or no driver car etc robotics etc?

21 minutes ago, Chingford said:

Read a bit of a private speech given by Jim Mellor to German investors in Munich, copied below

"The main and worst decision that was ever made by the European Union was to introduce a common currency whi...ch is now in 18 of your countries. That common currency is a disastrous economic experiment. It is probably the worst economic experiment in the history of recorded economics. If anyone here feels that the Euro is going to remain as a currency I’d be happy to debate them on it because I think it has very limited time life left. The problems are mounting every day. The cracks are there and what I raised in 2006 about the coming economic collapse, it was two years until that happened.

I would say the Euro has between 1 and 5 years left of life and its gone as it currently stands. The reason why I wanted us to be out - and it is a selfish point - is because when the boat sinks you want to be on the lifeboat, you don’t want to be on the main ship singing the national anthem, or Ode to Joy in the case of the EU, and being dragged down in the wake.

The collapse of the Euro, which is in my opinion a certainty, is going to have unbelievable economic consequences. All banks will have to be nationalised, they have to be recapitalised and changed. There is going to be a tremendous break-up of debt, who owns what in terms of debt. Who goes into a new stronger currency union or does every country have its own individual currency.

All these questions are unanswerable at the moment. But anyone who thinks that the Euro is going to remain as a currency in its current form I think is absolutely deluded"

This has been said from the outset.

Currency union without political control can never work as a permanent solution because the politicians are always going to play to the people who vote for them, not the unaccountable people who tell you to use this or that currency, set your rules and dictate policy going forward. It should have been blindingly obvious to the whole of Europe that unrelievable tensions are the result of tying a country's economy to a fixed rate of exchange following the situation in 1992 after this country had to leave the ERM, or maybe they just put their heads in the sand and said that we fell out the ERM because we weren't good enough Europeans.

It is only slightly different now. The main one being that there is absolutely no flexibility in the system following the removal of the ability to set independent interest rates according to the various national requirements and (probably more importantly), take steps to adjust your economy by strengthening/weakening the currency. Germany needs to strengthen the rate, most of the rest of Europe needs it to weaken. Impotence rules.

Edited by Rob

It's a no-brainer to me, a single currency system is unsustainable without economic union, which is un-achievable in the short-, medium-, or possibly even in the long-term. I don't have sleepless nights about it, it just won't work.

47 minutes ago, Paulus said:

It's a no-brainer to me, a single currency system is unsustainable without economic union, which is un-achievable in the short-, medium-, or possibly even in the long-term. I don't have sleepless nights about it, it just won't work.

Political union is not going to happen. Tell the French they can't be French any more, or ditto the Italians or Greeks.

Given that is not a possibility, the only other alternative is for the Commission to go backwards - something it has never done because that would require an admission that something had gone wrong. Better the whole thing fails for them than a rational decision based on the reality. The trouble is, many Europeans really believe it could work.

When we picked up our wine this summer, the winzer couldn't understand why we voted to leave. Their comprehension was that everything was about immigration and why was that Europe's fault? They couldn't seem to get their heads around the fact that many people here resented the unaccountability of the Commission and that all people wanted was control of their borders, not to kick all the foreigners out. They didn't understand that we joined Europe for trade, not to create a super-state. They couldn't understand why I was happy at having a meaningful vote for the first time in 41 years. It's very easy to accept the status quo when you are not under any particular economic pressure. Ask the Greeks or any other country that hasn't made any attempt at reform. A single currency and a single EU wide interest rate require a single, united political framework, Europe-wide taxation and that national interests be rendered irrelevant. Ain't gonna happen.

9 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

The gloom and doom merchants among the bremoaners, are being proved wrong, as today's news clearly shows. 

Is this news from the Propaganda machine that is the BBC? Its basically an extension of the Government Michael. Did you know that the husband of one of the Rothschilds has recently taken over the post of director general of the BBC? The same Rothschilds who control the worlds banks 

2 hours ago, azda said:

Is this news from the Propaganda machine that is the BBC? Its basically an extension of the Government Michael. Did you know that the husband of one of the Rothschilds has recently taken over the post of director general of the BBC? The same Rothschilds who control the worlds banks 

Tony Hall has been DG at the BBC since 2013. His wife is Cynthia Hall, who was formerly headmistress of The School of St Helen and St Katharine and then of Wycombe Abbey, both girls' schools, and president of the Girls’ Schools Association. They have two children.

Looking at the wiki link on Tony Hall, he sounds like the right sort of chap for the job, to me. Very experienced in his field.

I can't see any mention of Cynthia Hall having any connection to the Rothschilds, even when I google Cynthia Hall related to Rothschilds

53 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Tony Hall has been DG at the BBC since 2013. His wife is Cynthia Hall, who was formerly headmistress of The School of St Helen and St Katharine and then of Wycombe Abbey, both girls' schools, and president of the Girls’ Schools Association. They have two children.

Looking at the wiki link on Tony Hall, he sounds like the right sort of chap for the job, to me. Very experienced in his field.

I can't see any mention of Cynthia Hall having any connection to the Rothschilds, even when I google Cynthia Hall related to Rothschilds

Making sense yet? My mistake about him being DG, but the CEO of the News is probably much the same thing to place false facts into the public domain or create mass hysteria about immigrants or the pound being strong, considering his family have a vested interest in both sides of this coin

https://wideawakegentile.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/marcus-agius-the-rothschild-in-law-director-at-the-bbc-and-barclays/bpfpdxjcqaavyz6.jpg

Edited by azda

Well the BBC executive board can be seen here. It doesn't include Marcus Agius.

He is listed elsewhere as a senior non executive director at the BBC link

I watch BBC news quite a lot, and if anything, their bias has been on the bremain side, with a left wing flavour.

I think you are exaggerating Agius's influence somewhat. He is just one individual amongst a number of senior staff, and doesn't appear to be in sole charge of anything. But even if he was, there is still no specific reason to presume that he would be deliberately skewing the news in favour of positive brexit pronouncements, simply because he's married to a Rothschild. That's a very tenuous assertion, which you have no evidence to support, other than supposition. 

Edited by 1949threepence

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Well the BBC executive board can be seen here. It doesn't include Marcus Agius.

He is listed elsewhere as a senior non executive director at the BBC link

I watch BBC news quite a lot, and if anything, their bias has been on the bremain side, with a left wing flavour.

I think you are exaggerating Agius's influence somewhat. He is just one individual amongst a number of senior staff, and doesn't appear to be in sole charge of anything. But even if he was, there is still no specific reason to presume that he would be deliberately skewing the news in favour of positive brexit pronouncements, simply because he's married to a Rothschild. That's a very tenuous assertion, which you have no evidence to support, other than supposition. 

You should maybe look up which banks the Rothschilds own, telling anyone they have no influence is ignorant....

46 minutes ago, azda said:

You should maybe look up which banks the Rothschilds own, telling anyone they have no influence is ignorant....

Except that misrepresents precisely what I said. I wasn't commenting on their influence, merely stating you had no evidence to support the assertion that the husband of somebody from the Rothschild family would be acting as their personal mouthpiece, whilst in his role at the BBC. Moreover, do you know what Katherine's personal view is on the issue, let alone the personal view of  Marcus Agius himself? 

Of course, if you do have any evidence to support your suggestion, then feel free to detail what it is. 

Incidentally Lord Rothschild's personal view was that Brexit would not be the best way forward, which runs counter to what you are suggesting, given that I'd commented on a post Brexit positive news story from the BBC - link

Main influence is in USA, one of the big families running the country by all accounts, which it is suggested includes Bush, Kennedy and Clinton

1 hour ago, 1949threepence said:

Except that misrepresents precisely what I said. I wasn't commenting on their influence, merely stating you had no evidence to support the assertion that the husband of somebody from the Rothschild family would be acting as their personal mouthpiece, whilst in his role at the BBC. Moreover, do you know what Katherine's personal view is on the issue, let alone the personal view of  Marcus Agius himself? 

Of course, if you do have any evidence to support your suggestion, then feel free to detail what it is. 

Incidentally Lord Rothschild's personal view was that Brexit would not be the best way forward, which runs counter to what you are suggesting, given that I'd commented on a post Brexit positive news story from the BBC - link

I'm not suggesting Brexit Michael, I'm suggesting propaganda by the BBC, also remember he works or did do for Barclays....

Now back to the point where Britain is doing rather well post Brexit

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58132fe9e4b0ccfc956284df

1 hour ago, Chingford said:

Main influence is in USA, one of the big families running the country by all accounts, which it is suggested includes Bush, Kennedy and Clinton

Let's also remember it was the Rothschild family who gave the Jewish community a place to live, I.E. Israel, they also funded a Bankrupt America during the war. Let's try and put perspective on just how much this family has in their piggy bank and who exactly is running this planet and it's Governments

Edited by azda

7 minutes ago, azda said:

I'm not suggesting Brexit Michael, I'm suggesting propaganda by the BBC, also remember he works or did do for Barclays....

I would question the sanity of anyone who feels the need to spend £1-3K on a computer just because it's an Apple product. My last one cost me about £500. Leaving aside the Brexit argument, consumer goods allegedly exhibit falling price trends, not exponentially expanding ones. At the end of the day it is just a computer.

just posting.

I question?,Israel question?.Jewish Israel?Christian Israel? and there fore fathers?Conspiracies? 1% of elite wealth more than 99% wealth on this planet where it goes wrong?Maybe they are using the money and power to build a Temple or something like Ancient monument made by the elite?nothing change?

24 minutes ago, Rob said:

I would question the sanity of anyone who feels the need to spend £1-3K on a computer just because it's an Apple product. My last one cost me about £500. Leaving aside the Brexit argument, consumer goods allegedly exhibit falling price trends, not exponentially expanding ones. At the end of the day it is just a computer.

Just thinking bansky art of two couple hugging each other while texting they say internet is addicting maybe through cell phone or computer internet another kind of activities stimulate the brain?

Edited by josie

33 minutes ago, azda said:

Notwithstanding that exactly the same news regarding Nissan was on all the channels and all over the news media.

Also, you've still not provided any evidence to support your assertion that a) Agius has significant editorial influence over the BBC news output, or b ) What precisely his background has got to do with anything.

With regard to you not suggesting Brexit, your initial reply to me was on the back of a Bremoaner post by me, so if you're not suggesting Brexit, just what precisely was the point of your reply to me? Other than I might have head the news about Nissan on the BBC?