British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
1949threepence

Trump v Clinton

seriously scary

trump.jpg

Edited by copper123
The second one has never molested women , well not that I know of anyway

20 hours ago, copper123 said:

seriously scary

trump.jpg

Is it a jacka$$ o' lantern or a Trumpkin?

Having lived for awhile in Ukraine, I can tell you that this election reminds me so much of a post Soviet style election with both candidates being corrupt as one another.  Yanukovych was a career thug with an actual burglary conviction in 1967( so many first floor apts in Ukraine have bars on the windows because of potential break ins)  Tymoshenko was and is known as the "Gas Queen" for running the gas company and signing ruinous deals with Russia.

Where does this play now?  Well Trump's advisor Paul Manafort was paid significant sums by Yanukovych during the election in 2010, came back to haunt the old boy in August and Trump dumped him.  Trump is very favourable to Russia and Putin, wants to recognize Russian annexation of Crimea etc.  And when Yanukovych was elected(?) in 2010 he jailed his opponent, Tymoshenko, who was only released in 2014 when the government fell.  And now Trump speaks of jailing Clinton.  History will repeat itself.

• Like 1

Well yes, both candidates seem to be corrupt, but it'll be a question of which is the lesser of the two evils.

It does appear that the election will come down to what happens in the key swing states, such as Florida, Ohio. If Clinton takes those two, it's all over for Trump. Also very important are Georgia and North Carolina.

She's already pretty much assured of some of the very large states such as California, New York, Washington and Illinois. Trump looks comfortable in many of the smaller states and the much larger Texas.

It's going to be very interesting.

link showing how the candidates are doing in the individual states     

Edited by 1949threepence

I heard Pennsylvania is key too. Trump in to 7/4 in places, I expect extreme stuff on the run up to polling day!

12 hours ago, scottishmoney said:

Having lived for awhile in Ukraine, I can tell you that this election reminds me so much of a post Soviet style election with both candidates being corrupt as one another.  Yanukovych was a career thug with an actual burglary conviction in 1967( so many first floor apts in Ukraine have bars on the windows because of potential break ins)  Tymoshenko was and is known as the "Gas Queen" for running the gas company and signing ruinous deals with Russia.

Where does this play now?  Well Trump's advisor Paul Manafort was paid significant sums by Yanukovych during the election in 2010, came back to haunt the old boy in August and Trump dumped him.  Trump is very favourable to Russia and Putin, wants to recognize Russian annexation of Crimea etc.  And when Yanukovych was elected(?) in 2010 he jailed his opponent, Tymoshenko, who was only released in 2014 when the government fell.  And now Trump speaks of jailing Clinton.  History will repeat itself.

To be honest, The whole Clinton family should be thoroughly investigated, the position of power seems to hold these investigations back and then get swept under the carpet. I hear they have dipped their fingers into the Haitian fund which is run by one of their family members (brother perhaps?) There was a huge demonstration against them in New York i think it was not so long ago about them taking money from this fund....

Apparently though the FBI made a mistake in saying they are investigating Hilary during the run up to an election, it's against their rules, but you try investigating a President and make something stick

15 minutes ago, azda said:

but you try investigating a President and make something stick

Especially when they can legally pardon themselves, although that would be an admission of guilt.  Apparently Nixon considered pardoning himself, but he needn't have worried since the following President Gerald Ford did it for him.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, azda said:

To be honest, The whole Clinton family should be thoroughly investigated, the position of power seems to hold these investigations back and then get swept under the carpet. I hear they have dipped their fingers into the Haitian fund which is run by one of their family members (brother perhaps?) There was a huge demonstration against them in New York i think it was not so long ago about them taking money from this fund....

Apparently though the FBI made a mistake in saying they are investigating Hilary during the run up to an election, it's against their rules, but you try investigating a President and make something stick

I'd go for investigating both Trump and Clinton.  They are both crooks.  No matter who wins, America will lose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottishmoney said:

I'd go for investigating both Trump and Clinton.  They are both crooks.  No matter who wins, America will lose.

I couldn't agree more, a very large rock and hard place right now.......

2 hours ago, scottishmoney said:

Only one is a crook Scotty (Clinton). The other is a loud mouth! (Trump).  :)

From this side of the pond the contest appears rather unedifying. I would have thought there were more important issues in the world than two contenders bent on mud slinging. Fiddles, fires and Rome spring to mind. Trouble is, nothing gets done unless the President is the same colour as Congress and the Senate, but if they were of the same political persuasion, the thought of the potential havoc they could wreak is equally worrying. Neither of our countries benefit from our politicians. :(

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rob said:

From this side of the pond the contest appears rather unedifying. I would have thought there were more important issues in the world than two contenders bent on mud slinging. Fiddles, fires and Rome spring to mind. Trouble is, nothing gets done unless the President is the same colour as Congress and the Senate, but if they were of the same political persuasion, the thought of the potential havoc they could wreak is equally worrying. Neither of our countries benefit from our politicians. :(

"Neither of our countries benefit from our politicians." :(   Well stated Rob!

So Tuesday is D-Day, i'm going to stick my neck out and say Trump will win, i think it will be close but i can see this as another Brexit vote where some voters are pissed off at certain aspects of living the dream in America. The other point is that Hilary has far to much crap surrounding her at the moment, this will be IMO her last chance to become President but if Trump wins will he stick to his promise of investigating her? It will be interesting

• Like 1

I don't think he will do it, I think they chose someone a bit too outspoken, his personality just seems to wind up too many people, but I think it will be close. I think the USA will be in for a similar political divide following this election though there will be a lot of really upset people on the losing side.

Society does seem to be pulling apart at the moment but not in the traditional left/right directions. 

1 hour ago, Colin G. said:

Society does seem to be pulling apart at the moment but not in the traditional left/right directions. 

No, the easier going bits of the traditional divide get on quite well really. Having said that, the extremes of right and left could have given this lot a run for their money. The bit that confounds is the presence of very rich lefties, and poor people who vote for the right.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

The bit that confounds is the presence of very rich lefties, and poor people who vote for the right.

Trailer Trash for Trump!

But then you have left fielders like Hillary secretly meeting with Wall St.  

Politics is very much akin to the oldest profession, prostitution.

It's going to the wire, no doubt about that. Too close to call.

• Like 1

news on bbc tonight  might just give clinton the edge, a narrow clinton win seems likely

its America... this is why you don't give stupid people the vote.

Well, the good thing from our point of view is that Trump did say the UK would be at the FRONT of the queue with regard to new trade deals.  

It is, though, becoming difficult to lend any further credence to polls, which these days seem increasingly askew. 

2 hours ago, scott said:

You said the same about brexiters.......is anyone who disagrees with your opinion stupid? :D

I think the issue with polls is that it can affect voting and people have realised this and therefore do not poll with their true colours. In addition I think a vote is a private and personal thing. If polled I know for certain that I would give incorrect data, because that is how I feel about polls...I suspect many others may feel the same way.

3 hours ago, scott said:

Scott, you have the making of a Politician

Clinton conceded, Trump President

2 minutes ago, Chingford said:

Scott, you have the making of a Politician

More the making of a dictator :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Colin G. said:

I think the issue with polls is that it can affect voting and people have realised this and therefore do not poll with their true colours. In addition I think a vote is a private and personal thing. If polled I know for certain that I would give incorrect data, because that is how I feel about polls...I suspect many others may feel the same way.

Correct. I was accosted at Manchester Airport 15 years ago and asked to fill in a survey about the people using it. I answered a few but then saw it was multiple choice questions, so, feeling a little mischievous and getting bored I said put me down for all Es. When I asked about the outcome I was informed I was in sociai group E with an income in the £100-£150K bracket. :lol:

On a more serious note, I hope Europe is now looking east.

Edited by Rob

I bet Hilary is shitting herself, along with the rest of the world and Mexicans and the ladies who work in the White house and and and............

• Like 1