British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hello everyone,

I am looking for any information people have on the three gold coins in the images.

We have done a lot of research but seem to have come to a dead end, so far (we think) we know that the currency of 2 of the coins is 10 kursh/kurush/qursh, the coins are made from gold, the coins are around 15/16 mm and the year is believed to be 1293/7 on one of the coins

However all of this information could be incorrect!

If anyone has any information or knows anything about these coins please let me know!IMG]

Thank you,

Sam :)>>

Random Arabic Gold-003 (800 x 600).jpg

Edited by aandys.aantiquities
no image

The 1293 date is an AH date (After Hegira) this would convert into a western date of about 1876, a direct conversion is very difficult. I'm sorry that is about all I can help you with, however Rotographic (see advert at the top) publish a book on Arabic Coins which might help, I have some of there other titles and I find them very useful.

Think the regnal year on the top one is 21. My punt would be at Ottoman Empire 100 kurush, KM#730. The weight should help.

100 kurush.jpg

The other two appear to me to be either ¼, ½ or 1 Memduhiye Altin, depending on weight. The one on the left looks to be regnal year 2, the one on the right, 1.

100 kurush 2.jpg

On 4/10/2016 at 0:41 PM, mrbadexample said:

Think the regnal year on the top one is 21. My punt would be at Ottoman Empire 100 kurush, KM#730. The weight should help.

100 kurush.jpg

corious that years with a mintage of 1200/2000 pieces have the same value of others with a mintage of 400000/500000. I think at auctions the hammer prices are a little bit different :)

3 hours ago, Matteo95 said:

corious that years with a mintage of 1200/2000 pieces have the same value of others with a mintage of 400000/500000. I think at auctions the hammer prices are a little bit different :)

Yes, I thought it seemed a bit odd. :)

On 10/4/2016 at 11:41 AM, mrbadexample said:

100 kurush.jpg

Hi,

This is exactly the same design however our coin weighs only 1.80 g.

Could this possible mean it is a 25 Kurush?

All the best,

Sam