British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
CRS90

What coin is this?

Hi, i'm new to this forum i have a coin but have no idea what it is or how much it is worth

if anyone can help me out here it would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

Craig

20160930_172053.jpg

20160930_172101.jpg

Craig, looks like a Jorvik Penny repro, the Viking centre used to sell these reproduction tokens in the visitors centre.

41 minutes ago, crow1 said:

Craig, looks like a Jorvik Penny repro, the Viking centre used to sell these reproduction tokens in the visitors centre.

OK thanks, was hoping it was gonna be worth something :(

These are cool, when you visited the Viking centre in York you had the option of purchasing these for a few pounds, they are collectible as an interesting reproduction. They are a hi-bred of a Viking coin and a Anglo-saxon coin, I purchased one of these during a visit to the Viking centre about twenty years ago, keep it or place it on ebay if you wish to sell, but in my humble opinion it is a token repro.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crow1 said:

These are cool, when you visited the Viking centre in York you had the option of purchasing these for a few pounds, they are collectible as an interesting reproduction. They are a hi-bred of a Viking coin and a Anglo-saxon coin, I purchased one of these during a visit to the Viking centre about twenty years ago, keep it or place it on ebay if you wish to sell, but in my humble opinion it is a token repro.

Thanks for the information, i will keep hold of it. :)