British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peter

My Greenhouse discovered

Hmmm....I know someone whose only relief from chronic pain, is from the illegal and unofficial use of cannabis. Not smoked, but ingested from cake. Prescription drugs and OTC medicines either won't touch it, or cause stomach upsets. Cannabis is the only thing which both enables him to get a decent night's sleep and not cause digestive issues. Of course, what he is doing, is illegal, but I'm not about to grass him up (no pun intended)

For that reason I'd legalise it for pain relief on prescription.  

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Hmmm....I know someone whose only relief from chronic pain, is from the illegal and unofficial use of cannabis. Not smoked, but ingested from cake. Prescription drugs and OTC medicines either won't touch it, or cause stomach upsets. Cannabis is the only thing which both enables him to get a decent night's sleep and not cause digestive issues. Of course, what he is doing, is illegal, but I'm not about to grass him up (no pun intended)

For that reason I'd legalise it for pain relief on prescription.  

I agree Mike, if a natural item like cannabis will help a person who has pain, that can't otherwise be controlled, I think the prescription of the product could be a effective answer to the problem. I think it should be by prescription only though, so the distribution of the product could be controlled for the intended purpose only.

• Like 1

My son has just been prescribed cannabis oil, 400 euros a pop :blink:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, azda said:

Thats out of order and why it will always be about on the street.

Nothing to do with me but is that for pain relief ?.

7 hours ago, azda said:

Dave, Your cost for the cannabis prescription, is the only thing wrong with the program. That product should be much cheaper than that, but when pharacutical companies get involved the price is always, almost unmanageable. I have a similar situation with my wife's cancer drug "Revlimid." it is $33,500 (retail) for 21 pills, which is a month's supply. I have retirement insurance, and additional supplemental insurance, but with that it is still $11,000 per month. I was lucky enough to get a grant from a charitable trust to pay for most of the balance of the cost for this year, because I am a pensioner, making less than 100k per year in retirement. This is my wife's 2nd year on this med. What happens after another year...who knows. I am sure the price will come down in 2020, after the patent expires on the product.

Edited by RLC35

Geeeeeezus $11,000 for a months supply is obscene, medical companies that care, yes sure, about profits. I remember the guy last year who bought the rights to some aids drug which was selling at $1 a pill, then proceeded to increase it to $750 a pill if i remember correctly, he was one smarmy bar steward, his attitude when being questioned at some congressional inquiry into his price hike  was 'he couldn't give a damn" We don't pay for the oil bOB, it's under prescription and is free to us, it's the health insurance who has to foot the bill. I think the drug companies just bleed people dry, cannabis grows out in the wilds and is a herbal medication, or obviously can be taken for other uses, it's not like it's crack cocaine or crystal meth. Governments needs to get a grip and see its benefits for certain health problems.

I hope your wife isn't in any pain Bob......Best wishes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLC35 said:

Dave, Your cost for the cannabis prescription, is the only thing wrong with the program. That product should be much cheaper than that, but when pharacutical companies get involved the price is always, almost unmanageable. I have a similar situation with my wife's cancer drug "Revlimid." it is $33,500 (retail) for 21 pills, which is a month's supply. I have retirement insurance, and additional supplemental insurance, but with that it is still $11,000 per month. I was lucky enough to get a grant from a charitable trust to pay for most of the balance of the cost for this year, because I am a pensioner, making less than 100k per year in retirement. This is my wife's 2nd year on this med. What happens after another year...who knows. I am sure the price will come down in 2020, after the patent expires on the product.

Jesus Christ, Bob - $11,000 per month is off the scale. I am so sorry to hear this.

Hope your wife is OK. God bless. 

• Like 1

I'd just add that my girlfriend suffers from Rheumatoid Arthritis, and the methetrexate she needs to take all the time, plus occasional steroid course, is prescription cost exempt because her condition is chronic. But those are not especially expensive drugs. Some cancer drugs are incredibly costly, and it's a lottery as to whether the NHS here will fund drug treatment for those patients affected.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Jesus Christ, Bob - $11,000 per month is off the scale. I am so sorry to hear this.

Hope your wife is OK. God bless. 

Right now it isn't bad, between my retirement insurance, my supplemental insurance and the charity grant, I pay nothing. But if I didn't have those three, it would cost what it says on the label below off of the medicine shipment. ...$2,903.15 per pill (21 pills) per month. The really nice thing about it is, my wife is responding to the treatment, and getting closer to remission. The bad thing is the disease is not cureable. (Multiple Myeloma, cancer of the bone marrow). We are making progress. Someone is looking out for us! 

IMG_8796 (800x600).jpg

5 hours ago, azda said:

Geeeeeezus $11,000 for a months supply is obscene, medical companies that care, yes sure, about profits. I remember the guy last year who bought the rights to some aids drug which was selling at $1 a pill, then proceeded to increase it to $750 a pill if i remember correctly, he was one smarmy bar steward, his attitude when being questioned at some congressional inquiry into his price hike  was 'he couldn't give a damn" We don't pay for the oil bOB, it's under prescription and is free to us, it's the health insurance who has to foot the bill. I think the drug companies just bleed people dry, cannabis grows out in the wilds and is a herbal medication, or obviously can be taken for other uses, it's not like it's crack cocaine or crystal meth. Governments needs to get a grip and see its benefits for certain health problems.

I hope your wife isn't in any pain Bob......Best wishes

Thanks Dave, She is a real (Irish) trouper, and is responding to treatment. 

• Like 1