British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Paulus

Adjustment lines or not?

On 10/6/2016 at 10:08 AM, Guest Stuart said:

You would expect at least some closure (coming together) of the two edges of the 'groove' where it's squeezed into the deeper features of the die, though, wouldn't you? Being devil's advocate an' all!

Also, with such a wonderful new design and method of producing coins, would they really be up for defacing them in such a way? Again playing DA, wouldn't it be more logical to remove any surplus weight from the edge? It's obviously a teeny-tiny amount if it can be adjusted with a 'scrape'?

The good news is this is easily replicable! We just need to create some grooved blanks and press them into a die to see the affect on the lines. If they remain perfectly straight and complete, I'll concede! ;) 

Gosh, who was it now that was making that penny from his own dies, arctic something I think, he'd have the kit to hand to try it out? Maybe Dave Grunal could try it from a hammered perspective?

Oh, and hi, Colin, hope you're well? :)

Good point....but that assumes they predicted the result

I am doing fine...just keep plodding along!!

My one if it helps. 

2017-01-18-18-33-14.jpg

On 31/03/2017 at 7:25 PM, Ukstu said:

My one if it helps. 

2017-01-18-18-33-14.jpg

Thanks Stu, no apparent 'reduction lines' on your sixpence!

• Like 1

Posted in wrong place, moved

Edited by Paulus