British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nordle11

New 5 pound note

31 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Love it, that was brilliant.

Of course, all that said, if I came across the serial number AA11 111111, I'd keep it, as that really would fetch a bit down the line.

31 minutes ago, Paulus said:

A bit theatrical. Bizarre. He could have said the same in a more calm and collected manner and come across as a balanced human being. About as excitable as today's crop of phone calls from people who have 50ps in their purse and plastic fivers in their wallets. :blink:

First time I've been able to look at anything on facebook as well. The site's a bit cluttered and for some reason this time it allowed me to view without registering despite asking me to do so. Previously I haven't been allowed to view without registering -  not that I'll be doing so.

Guest David

Hi i have 6 new 5 Pound Notes with serial number from

AA20 ******* 88

to

AA20 ******* 93

I took them from a Bank today and are totaly MINT

Do someone knows how much is the value?

Thank you so much

I get numerous daily calls asking how much the new £5 notes are worth. I don't understand why people don't get it. There are a million AK47s out there, not to mention a million AK46s and AK48s, a million AA01s, a million AA02s etc. With the exception of the first run, there is absolutely no reason for any premium unless they are errors.

I had one guy phone who said he had been offered £200 for an AK47 ending in 007. I asked him why he didn't take it and replied he didn't want to get ripped off!!!!! I suggested putting it on ebay and if he got £5.01 or more he was quids in. Sorry, I have better things to do.

Guest David

i agree all the line, also im not a collector , but i saw on ebay there are crazy price for AA and today the bank gave me 6 Mint AA in a row so if i can exchange 30 quid for 300 quid i will do it :D

18 minutes ago, Guest David said:

i agree all the line, also im not a collector , but i saw on ebay there are crazy price for AA and today the bank gave me 6 Mint AA in a row so if i can exchange 30 quid for 300 quid i will do it :D

So if you know they are only worth £5, why don't you just put them on at a price sufficient to cover your fees and costs and see where they go? Any premium is unjustifible for a bog standard note, so anything received above face plus costs is a winner. No need to be greedy, so if it doesn't sell it has cost you nothing. Just stick a bit of food into the pond and watch the feeding frenzy. eBay is THE place to go for a large pool of mindless buyers intent on paying huge premiums for 'collectibles' they are unlikely ever to recoup. They might go up in value eventually once obsolete, but I wouldn't recommend buying them with that in mind.

AA01 put away as will be worth a bit more soon.

The others unless a good number that are collectable ,solid,repeat,low etc.........send them to me :D

AA01.........:)

Why they gave you a few at the bank my Mrs was probably getting some aswell .

Although she has probably spent them by now.....so have the other thousands of people getting them every second.

Be lucky and check the numbers.

Pete.

21 hours ago, Guest David said:

Hi i have 6 new 5 Pound Notes with serial number from

AA20 ******* 88

to

AA20 ******* 93

I took them from a Bank today and are totaly MINT

Do someone knows how much is the value?

Thank you so much

Exactly £30 - you're welcome ;)

I'm holding out for the tenner next year.  Jane Austen means more to me than Winnie.

BTW @Upinsmoke " also listening to music any genre but mainly heavy rock Led Zeppelin , Black Sabbath , Deep Purple"

Ha, just doing a Deep Purple and Def Leppard binge right now.

3 hours ago, scottishmoney said:

I'm holding out for the tenner next year.  Jane Austen means more to me than Winnie.

BTW @Upinsmoke " also listening to music any genre but mainly heavy rock Led Zeppelin , Black Sabbath , Deep Purple"

Ha, just doing a Deep Purple and Def Leppard binge right now.

All those plus 60s/70s prog for me :)

3 hours ago, scottishmoney said:

Ha, just doing a Deep Purple and Def Leppard binge right now

Love Deep Purple, but as for Def Leppard haven't heard a lot from them so will have to look them up. Any recommended Albums:) 

Def Leppard is 1980s, but I like Sabbath, DP and the Zep - even though they are well before my time.

Re Def Lep, I'd start with High n Dry, and then Pyromania.  If you prefer Pyromania you might like Hysteria.  I saw them on the Hysteria Tour in '87 and preferred the support band, Tesla!  Their debut album, Mechanical Resonance, is worth a listen.  Good straightahead US hard rock.

On 11/3/2016 at 3:55 PM, Stuntman said:

Re Def Lep, I'd start with High n Dry, and then Pyromania.  If you prefer Pyromania you might like Hysteria.  I saw them on the Hysteria Tour in '87 and preferred the support band, Tesla!  Their debut album, Mechanical Resonance, is worth a listen.  Good straightahead US hard rock.

I have seen Tesla live a couple of times, yes they are a great band.

Guest Amanda

I have one it's an AA01 1954 26! This is the year Winston Churchill had his portrait painted by Sullivan, it was unveiled at parliament on his 80th birthday. Even though Winston and his wife hated it. Wonder if this could be worth anything! 

The AA01 is worth £10-£15 if in Mint condition as the first run are always sought after.

The numbers you mention i dont think would add any premium to a collector.

I would just put it away and keep it.

Guest Amanda

Thank you, I will put it away. So it be worth something later on?

4 hours ago, Guest Amanda said:

Thank you, I will put it away. So it be worth something later on?

Nobody knows. There are no rules.

I'm not convinced they will. As Pete says, it's only the AA01 part that's of interest, and so many of these have been put away in mint condition that in 100 years' time supply will probably still outstrip demand. You'd probably get more for an AA02. 

my sister got AA07.. mylowest is an AB.. keep getting AJ-AM's now, and not AK47

My advice - just drop it and concentrate on coins!

All is really great for the new chancellor  millions of five pound notes dissapearing from circulation with hundreds of thousands of people holding  indistructable notes hopeing they might be worth more than face value in 10 000 years time due to an article in the daily mail .

one born every minute

It looks so unbelievable to pay so much for the new £5. I think, people will regret that they paid so much in the future. :wacko:

I got an AA01 yesterday, "AA01 385191". 

Spent it already :P

• Like 1