British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nordle11

New 5 pound note

Apparently, find one that starts with the serial AA01 and put it on eBay, there are some going for stupid prices.

Some people are bonkers!  Some of these AA01 notes advertised have serial numbers over a million, they are never going to be rare! Most of us can have one for £5 if we wait a little time.

If you do find one, sell it now!

Jerry

50 minutes ago, jelida said:

Some people are bonkers!  Some of these AA01 notes advertised have serial numbers over a million, they are never going to be rare! Most of us can have one for £5 if we wait a little time.

If you do find one, sell it now!

Jerry

Definitely. Unless it's 000001 or something close, I doubt they'll be of any value to anyone.

2 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Definitely. Unless it's 000001 or something close, I doubt they'll be of any value to anyone.

Oh alright, I'll give you a fiver! ?

Jerry

I have got a £80 worth in sequential order if you want them for a £100 :D But not AA I think mine are AD.

25 minutes ago, UPINSMOKE said:

I have got a £80 worth in sequential order if you want them for a £100 :D But not AA I think mine are AD.

Ah but the AD's are only worth about 2.50 each, I'll give you £50 for them though, just to help you out ;) 

Sheesh. The logic function has seemingly not been enabled in many e bayers. 

Recent sale for AA01 on ebay, think this finished this evening.  

4 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Ah but the AD's are only worth about 2.50 each, I'll give you £50 for them though, just to help you out ;) 

I'm sure you would;) but I'm sorry they are not for sale I'm tucking them away till they are worth face value or I may just go and buy a nice silver coin. I haven't tried one in the washing machine yet have to have a go, Now That's What I Call laundered money:D

• Like 1

I've yet to receive one. Looking forward to seeing it.

Got one today.  AA18 serial number.  It looks nice, feels different and is smaller in size!

32 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

It looks nice, feels different and is smaller in size!

That's what my wife always said.:D

Hehe!  Can't believe she said it looks nice :o

I think they are quality and should all be changed as they will be next year.

Chris salmon from Canada was the guy who pushed them forward EX- Cashier and saw the benefit.

I got ten of them first run and will always be worth a premium as the first run , even more so as the first Polymer.

Worst case is i get my money back :)

Edited by PWA 1967

Apparently, the winner refused to pay up for an "AK47" serial No

Well colour me surprised !!!

ETA: Incidentally, as far as the guy who found his landline telephone No matched the last 6 digits on one of the fivers, evidently he isn't very competent at probability theory, by estimating the odds at trillions to one. I've had one myself in the past. Rare, but not that astronomic.

A painter and decorator was stunned when he brandished a £5 note in the pub and discovered it matched his home phone number - beating odds of a trillion-to-one.

Lee Sharman, 39, was in his local Wetherspoon's with his friends and received a fiver in change from a round.

When he examined the note more carefully he was flabbergasted to find the last six digits exactly matched his home number.

He claimed the estimated odds of a person finding their own landline on a five pound note was 1,200,000,000,000/1.

Edited by 1949threepence

3 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

:D Did you read further down about the guy who listed the 'upside-down' fiver?

Yes. It's truly difficult to fathom that if the bidders were genuine, there are people who are really that dense <_< 

• Like 1

Yes I cannot belive that the guy with the AK47 five pound note is upset that he has not been sent his £80 000 via paypal .

I always thought this country was full of idiots but he really takes the biscuit

Edited by copper123
  • Like 1

Well I've just received my first one today and it's also AJ. 

16 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Well I've just received my first one today and it's also AJ. 

that make me feel better as i spent about 10 ak47's