British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

1949threepence

DNW live bidding - a great listen!

4 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I'm hoping my lots will as well, although they haven't been marked as shipped on the DNW website yet. Interestingly, since paying, my account, under "account management", is showing as £0.00, but under "invoices" it's still showing the full amount as owing, as though it should still be paid. 

4 hours ago, jaggy said:

I paid over the weekend and the invoice (under invoices) clearly states that it has been paid.

Just waiting for the shipping info now.

So I phoned DNW and explained the situation. I was told not to worry as they haven't updated all the client's accounts yet. 

5 hours ago, Nick said:

I once received my coins on the very next day after a DNW auction, having paid mid-afternoon.  It doesn't get any better than that if you can't attend.

Yes it does. 6 or 8 years ago I received my won lots next day and then I paid. Doesn't usually happen, I might add.

On 22/9/2016 at 1:50 PM, azda said:

A good addition to the forum B) There's only 5 in there and i got this error

he chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

Error code: 1H269/B

FYI - Chris kindly upgraded the chat, so the maximum amount of users is 20 B)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pokal02 said:

Mine arrived on Wednesday, although my shipping info also hadn't been updated. 

Mine still haven't arrived and the shipping info remains blank. I had this reply to an enquiry I made on Wednesday:-

Dear Sir

I have checked and we received your payment on Monday 26 September. However since then we have had two more days of medal auctions - and well over a 100 people pay for the coin sale. So the shipping department are sending lots out as quickly as they can. Apologies for any slight delay

Philippa Healy

Office Manager and Accounts
Dix Noonan Webb
16 Bolton Street
London
W1J 8BQ

Tel:  020 7016 1775
Fax: 020 7016 1799

I think I'm going to have to get in contact again.  

2 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Mine still haven't arrived and the shipping info remains blank. I had this reply to an enquiry I made on Wednesday:-

I think I'm going to have to get in contact again.  

A very pleasant guy called Dave just phoned me to say that my lots will be sent next week, all in one package (books and coins together) by Royal Mail next day delilvery. Apparently the delay was due to the books and coins being on different floors, and they're just getting round to marrying the two together.      

Was just having a look through DNWs next auction preview and seen the attached. Described as:
BRITISH COINS, George IV (1820-1830), Proof Halfcrown, 1826, edge grained, 6h (ESC 2376; S 3809). About as struck, toned £1,000-1,200

Footnote

Slabbed in CGS-UK holder, graded UNC 82

Surely those scratches running through the centre of the coin would get it rejected from CGS?

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2018.54.42.png

they look like they're on the piece of plastic

Just now, mhcoins said:

they look like they're on the piece of plastic

Well it did occur, but it seems to gouge the lion in the top left quadrant which then had me thinking it was the coin <_<

cgs 82 isnt specatuclar on a proof (probably a PF63) i think theyre on the plastic, perhaps the one in the top right hand part of the shield that seems to stop and start could be a scatch but at 82 in not really FDC or UNC technically 

• Like 1

this one i sold and had graded only got PCGS PF63 

1826-proof-halfcrown-RW15-960x480.jpg

Just now, mhcoins said:

this one i sold and had graded only got PCGS PF63 

1826-proof-halfcrown-RW15-960x480.jpg

Surprised that only made a 63, they usually like colour and add points for it

me too i was expecting at least 64 + but the highest points did have some rub on them. The buyers happy though and as you mentioned the colours are superb !

3 minutes ago, mhcoins said:

me too i was expecting at least 64 + but the highest points did have some rub on them. The buyers happy though and as you mentioned the colours are superb !

I thought my 1864 florin was going to be upwards of 66 but come back at 65, slightly disappointed but still made top pop

Another just seen at DNW, gold flaking?

.Screenshot%202016-10-05%2019.17.07.png