British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
RLC35

Baldwins New Manager

Just saw this in a USA Publication

A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd confirm the appointment of Neil Paisley as Managing Director. Neil joins Baldwin’s from Colin Cooke Coins. A familiar name and face to many in the trade, he has worked within the industry for more than 20 years. 

• Like 1

Heard about this recently, a big step up and definitely a congratulations in order for Neil. Exciting times ahead for him.

8 minutes ago, RLC35 said:

Just saw this in a USA Publication

A H Baldwin & Sons Ltd confirm the appointment of Neil Paisley as Managing Director. Neil joins Baldwin’s from Colin Cooke Coins. A familiar name and face to many in the trade, he has worked within the industry for more than 20 years. 

Congratulations Neil :) @NRP

1 minute ago, Nordle11 said:

Heard about this recently, a big step up and definitely a congratulations in order for Neil. Exciting times ahead for him.

Thank you nordle!! I'm looking forward to the challenge as there is much to be done in getting Baldwins back on course but I believe things will only get better!! Ofcourse you are all welcome to come in if you are down in London!! I would also like to re-iterate that Colin Cooke will carry on with business as usual and lee will continue to run the firm with the same standards and values!!

3 minutes ago, NRP said:

Thank you nordle!! I'm looking forward to the challenge as there is much to be done in getting Baldwins back on course but I believe things will only get better!! Ofcourse you are all welcome to come in if you are down in London!! I would also like to re-iterate that Colin Cooke will carry on with business as usual and lee will continue to run the firm with the same standards and values!!

Nice of you to poke your head in Neil! But really, congratulations and every bit of luck in your endeavours, if you weren't already drowning in coins you certainly will be now :) lol

1 hour ago, NRP said:

Does this mean you have to wear a shirt and tie :P

8 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Does this mean you have to wear a shirt and tie :P

Ha as opposed to shorts and flip flops you saw me in, the other day ;-) 

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

Nice of you to poke your head in Neil! But really, congratulations and every bit of luck in your endeavours, if you weren't already drowning in coins you certainly will be now :) lol

Nordle thank you again and I will try and be more active on here in future, this is still by far the uk's best forum!! 

• Like 1

Many congratulations for your new role in the big smoke Neil.

4 hours ago, NRP said:

Congratulations, Neil, and may I extend a big thank you for all the excellent servce you have provided at Colin Cooke over the years. Hope your new role is successful, and fulfilling. Well played.

Will Lee now assume the reins at CC?

Edited by 1949threepence

4 hours ago, NRP said:

Hopefully that large commission rate 24% I believe on auction items can be trimmed ;)

Anyway, a big congrats from me, a big difference from Manchester I bet....Hopefully the famed Baldwins basement is still rammed full of goodies...

Edited by azda

2 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

Congratulations, Neil, and may I extend a big thank you for all the excellent servce you have provided at Colin Cooke over the years. Hope your new role is successful, and fulfilling. Well played.

Will Lee now assume the reins at CC?  

Thank you that's very kind!!  Yes he will, Iam still the owner but trust him to run it in the same way we always have!! Lee has worked for colin Cooke for 15 years and is quite adept at dealing etc and I wouldn't have made the decision if I wasn't confident he could run it to the same standards!! Hopefully I will hear all sorts of things in advance while at baldwins and be able to provide you all with upcoming news in advance!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NRP said:

Thank you that's very kind!!  Yes he will, Iam still the owner but trust him to run it in the same way we always have!! Lee has worked for colin Cooke for 15 years and is quite adept at dealing etc and I wouldn't have made the decision if I wasn't confident he could run it to the same standards!! Hopefully I will hear all sorts of things in advance while at baldwins and be able to provide you all with upcoming news in advance!! 

I have never participated in a Baldwins sale. Perhaps an opportunity for you to attract new clients.

12 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I have never participated in a Baldwins sale. Perhaps an opportunity for you to attract new clients.

If I can help anyone out I will do my best!! 

• Like 1

Great news Neil and good to see Lee taking the helm at CC.As Azda said have a route in the basement and if you need any help.:rolleyes:

i do know there is plenty there or so I have heard but it's not like it was 5 years ago!!! 

Congratulations Neil on your new opportunity. I used to see Steve Hill here in the USA at some of the shows, maybe now I will get an opportunity to meet you in person there also!

Neil, congratulations on the appointment & am sure all here wish you the best with this new endeavour. Now a bit more of a  corporate world I should imagine, as per the suit and tie comments above. 

Well, given that Baldwins have moved, the basement fantasy a bit gone but perhaps some coins are still stuck in the back of drawers somewhere??That basement was always one of my biggest fantasies & pleaded on several occasions to even walk down the stairs into it.