British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Peter and Dog in Norfolk

I've been in North Norfolk this week with my springer Jake and faced my Ist holiday without Mrs Peter.The weather has been roasting.Today my eldest and her boyfriend visited and we have had a day on the beach followed by fish supper.They have taken Jake back with them so tomorrow I'm geared up for fishing two tides.It has been brilliant,far better than I could of imagined.Jake has been a godsend. Life took an ugly turn last year and the last 11 months have been hell. There is light at the end of the tunnel :).

• Like 7

I'm so pleased for you Peter, after the incredible trauma you have suffered its great to know that you are again getting some joy from life. And dogs can be so helpful, company and distraction. Even our ageing Burmese cat, when the father-in-law was dying of cancer a couple of years ago (he lived with us) was such great (petting)company for him we called it Palliative Care Cat. The daughter's 'chiuiuaza' (?) dog was so welcome a (walking) distraction after the event that he became 'Bereavement Counselling Dog'.

Have a great fish.

Jerry

12 hours ago, Peter said:

I've been in North Norfolk this week with my springer Jake and faced my Ist holiday without Mrs Peter.The weather has been roasting.Today my eldest and her boyfriend visited and we have had a day on the beach followed by fish supper.They have taken Jake back with them so tomorrow I'm geared up for fishing two tides.It has been brilliant,far better than I could of imagined.Jake has been a godsend. Life took an ugly turn last year and the last 11 months have been hell. There is light at the end of the tunnel :).

Tight line Peter.............Glad you've enjoyed yourself buddy

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Great to hear :):):):):)

Yes september can be a great month for a week off and this week has proved it - if anything its been too hot.

Try and get out see a few of the local historic sites as well , norfolk has a long and interesting history .

While Mrs peter is not around anymore it does not do any good to just look to the past , I agree a dog can be great comfort and help in the grief process

Came off the beach Mid afternoon after fishing the ebb,caught 6 whiting and a flounder....no pictures as I didn't have a macro lens :o I know Norfolk well. Thanks chaps for all your well wishes..,back to Peter Manor tomorrow.

• Like 2