British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nordle11

Changes

23 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

Not for me. 1949Threepence has two posts on this page, one 3 hours ago and the other 21 hours ago, yet both are apparently post number 2596. Page refresh doesn't alter this. It's the same for all the other posters.

Every time you post, your post count increases and every post you have made previously will show that new post count.  My post count is currently 1564, until I press submit when I expect both of my replies in this thread to show 1565.

49 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Also if I understand correctly, do you mean that each post should show which number post it was? Because it should always show your current number of posts, regardless if it's your first or 1,000th (in reference to what you were saying about 1949Threepence)

For me this is your post number 399. The one immediately following is also number 399. Yet refreshing the page doesn't seem to make any difference.

5 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

For me this is your post number 399. The one immediately following is also number 399. Yet refreshing the page doesn't seem to make any difference.

Every post in every thread will show the same post number - your current one. Everytime you post, your post count will increase everywhere, on your profile and in every previous post in every thread, so it will always show your highest post count.

Although I don't understand the 399 part, as my posts are 2000+, does it show as 399 on your screen or is that just an example?

7 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

399 is the 'reputation' score, not the post count.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Every post in every thread will show the same post number - your current one. Everytime you post, your post count will increase everywhere, on your profile and in every previous post in every thread, so it will always show your highest post count.

Although I don't understand the 399 part, as my posts are 2000+, does it show as 399 on your screen or is that just an example?

Sorry, my fault. I looked at the wrong number. However, the my overall point stands, which is that you are shown as having posted 2264 times, and this number is shown against every one of your posts on this thread. Surely, the post after 2264 should then be 2265, or am I being too simplistic. Either way, I'm confused. Ditto, 1949threepence has the same number of posts despite there being 2 which are about 20 hours apart.

1 hour ago, DaveG38 said:

Sorry, my fault. I looked at the wrong number. However, the my overall point stands, which is that you are shown as having posted 2264 times, and this number is shown against every one of your posts on this thread. Surely, the post after 2264 should then be 2265, or am I being too simplistic. Either way, I'm confused. Ditto, 1949threepence has the same number of posts despite there being 2 which are about 20 hours apart.

All posts show the same number and are all updated each time you make a post. The system isn't telling you what post that is in terms of "Post 100 out of 500" it's just telling you how many posts that user has made on the site, so it will always show the highest number on every post.

Edit facility seems to have disappeared for me

1 hour ago, davidrj said:

Edit facility seems to have disappeared for me

My fault, everything should be sorted now. Thanks for the note David.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaveG38 said:

Not for me. 1949Threepence has two posts on this page, one 3 hours ago and the other 21 hours ago, yet both are apparently post number 2596. Page refresh doesn't alter this. It's the same for all the other posters.

That's the way it should be. All posts, right from the first one you posted when you first joined, should show the current cumulative total. Your first post doesn't remain on 1, and so on. They all show the same number, so that you or anyone else looking at any post you made, will know instantly how many you have posted in your time here, in total.

Some forums do have a slight update problem in that whilst the post you just made will show the correct total, some older posts lag a few behind, and it takes them time to update. This forum seems OK in that regard, though.     

ETA: I see Matt has already explained this principle. Sorry. 

Edited by 1949threepence

On 9/9/2016 at 1:58 PM, Nordle11 said:

@Rob @declanwmagee @mhcoins @NRP @The Coinery @RLC35 please see above RE coin dealers. Pass the word onto anyone I missed.

I can confirm that Pete is a leg end and probably a bit legless after the Talisker. I'd also like the green text if possible, thanks.

22 minutes ago, HistoricCoinage said:

I can confirm that Pete is a leg end and probably a bit legless after the Talisker. I'd also like the green text if possible, thanks.

:D 

All sorted, Clive.

Looking suave B)