British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nordle11

Changes

Just making some changes, so if something goes weird just give it a few minutes.

So Matt, what post counts separate your Newbies, from Juniors, from Regulars from Fledged, from Luminaries, from Veterans etc?  

Hmm. They look ok on the computer, are a bit fuzzy on the iPad and that part isn't even a feature on mobile :D When I've sorted it I'll sticky a post about the post counts/groups so you can see what's what.

The old post count system went to 1000, I thought it would be a good time to update it as pretty much all the regulars are past that anyway, the coloured group badges I was just trying to spice things up a bit, it also makes it easier to see who's who for new people.

To any dealers - There will be a new group called Coin Dealers that you can be moved into so that it shows under your name and also is in a different colour to everyone else's, to help others distinguish who's a dealer and also that they're trusted by the forum. I think it'll be good for new people who join up and it can't hurt to advertise your business either! Send me a PM if you want in on the action, you just need to have a direct link to your site in your signature to make things easier, and obviously Chris will have the final yay or nay.

Demotion for me from Forum God, with smiting rights, down to Senior Poster (sounds very corporate) - I know I'm getting my pension but does this have to be posted on here!!!

:D 

Its hard thinking of names alright! Maybe a poll and suggestion thread to decide the groups.. Nothing is set in stone of course ;) 

28 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

Demotion for me from Forum God, with smiting rights, down to Senior Poster (sounds very corporate) - I know I'm getting my pension but does this have to be posted on here!!!

Don't forget your AARP card Dave...gets you 10% off on Hotels! ha,Ha.

There you go :rolleyes: a bit better. Although there is another further along called 'Veteran' :D maybe that'll get the chop too..

3 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

the coloured group badges I was just trying to spice things up a bit, it also makes it easier to see who's who for new people.

I don't like the new colours. Far too bright and cheerful. :(

Lucky yours is grey then ;)

• Like 1

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

j

• Like 1

Like 'full-fledged'

I don't think we've got any forum legends yet ;)

36 minutes ago, 1949threepence said:

I don't think we've got any forum legends yet ;)

Peter is our forum legend ??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Colin G. said:

@Nordle11 I wouldn't mind the green text as well :D

Sorry I forgot about you, Colin! :rolleyes: 

16 hours ago, azda said:

Peter is our forum legend ??

I can't disagree with that :P 

I agree I'm a  legend or do you mean a leg end.

• Like 1

Anybody know why the number of posts shown on the left doesn't appear to be updating?

11 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

Anybody know why the number of posts shown on the left doesn't appear to be updating?

It is for me.  I checked my number before posting in the toned silver thread and it had increased by one when I looked afterwards.

Not for me. 1949Threepence has two posts on this page, one 3 hours ago and the other 21 hours ago, yet both are apparently post number 2596. Page refresh doesn't alter this. It's the same for all the other posters.

6 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

Not for me. 1949Threepence has two posts on this page, one 3 hours ago and the other 21 hours ago, yet both are apparently post number 2596. Page refresh doesn't alter this. It's the same for all the other posters.

I had this thread open while I was looking into it, then an update came up saying you had replied to the thread.. Before I clicked it I noted you were on 1,238, now it says 1,239 so I think it's working fine?

Also if I understand correctly, do you mean that each post should show which number post it was? Because it should always show your current number of posts, regardless if it's your first or 1,000th (in reference to what you were saying about 1949Threepence)

Sorry last addition - I've recalculated your post count in the system and it still shows as 1,239 so should be OK.