British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
bagerap

Love tokens and engraved coins

See if this doesn't get her attention @Debbie :rolleyes:

What do these blue @ boxes mean and their significance/importance?

1 hour ago, Rob said:

What do these blue @ boxes mean and their significance/importance?

It adds a notification to the Forum for the user in the blue box, and notifies the Forum member by email that they have been tagged in a post (at least that is how it works for me using Google Chrome on Windows 7).

Not that you might ever want to do this @Rob (as I imagine you don't like it, or the 'like' function for that matter!), but to tag someone in this way type the '@' character followed by the first few characters of a Forum member's name, then select them from the list :):)

Edited by Paulus

Thanks :) - I had assumed it was a fashion accessory peculiar to social media (which I don't have). Why do you need to advertise to the world that you have sent an email to a person? Surely the anonymity of a PM is preferable 99 times out of 100?

Next question about tag signs. What is the purpose of all the grey tag labels I see against threads? On the assumption they serve a practical purpose, how do they get tagged, how do you use the tags, are they specific to the people involved in the thread, or do they have a wider practical use?

43 minutes ago, Rob said:

Thanks :) - I had assumed it was a fashion accessory peculiar to social media (which I don't have). Why do you need to advertise to the world that you have sent an email to a person? Surely the anonymity of a PM is preferable 99 times out of 100?

Next question about tag signs. What is the purpose of all the grey tag labels I see against threads? On the assumption they serve a practical purpose, how do they get tagged, how do you use the tags, are they specific to the people involved in the thread, or do they have a wider practical use?

@Nordle11- does our Forum actually leverage this tagging functionality?

Rob - quicker and easier to tag Matt in this way, rather than sending a separate PM or email, which are best used for private correspondence. It also informs others that the query has been progressed ... 

You called? :D

The grey tags on threads are called META tags, when google or whoever is crawling the website for content it looks at these (among other things) so it knows what's where. So if you create a tag called "Uniquetag419283736" then googled that phrase, the thread should be at the top of the google search.

9 hours ago, Paulus said:

It adds a notification to the Forum for the user in the blue box, and notifies the Forum member by email that they have been tagged in a post (at least that is how it works for me using Google Chrome on Windows 7).

Not that you might ever want to do this @Rob (as I imagine you don't like it, or the 'like' function for that matter!), but to tag someone in this way type the '@' character followed by the first few characters of a Forum member's name, then select them from the list :):)

Which it doesn't appear to................. I get notifications of likes all the time, but nothing appeared as a consequence of the above @

Don't worry, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the lack of notification ;)

Edited by Rob

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Which it doesn't appear to................. I get notifications of likes all the time, but nothing appeared as a consequence of the above @

Don't worry, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the lack of notification ;)

Something's going on with the notifications at the moment, there's a fix in the pending update, just waiting for Chris to do it. Normally you'll get a notification.

From the update information;

This is a minor release to fix a small number of bugs:

• Broken @mention links.

Hi Guys - just seen this. No didn't get an email notification but saw the little blue box! Thanks for thinking of me!:)

Sign in to follow this