British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Guest derick

Some really ridiculous eBay listings

There are quite a few listings like that. Once, I saw a £1 which sold for £1! And I also saw a five pence coin sell for five pence! I wonder why people do that.

I've seen odd auctions for £1 supposedly held by "famous" (and I use the term loosely) people like those off the set of Eastenders. There was no COA with it so it could have been from anywhere: still people bid! It went for over £40!

Wow, how stupid can people get, there should be a COA with it if someone is going to pay £40 for it.

over charge on the shipping and you make a profit that's why.

(this was a response to the question of why people sell 5p's for 5p)

shipping for 3p would be about 50p or so.

The worst coin ever on E-Bay ?

A talking piece perhaps? That's all it's good for after all!

The worst coin ever on E-Bay ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3912362086&rd=1

this guy is selling the worst load of tripe I've ever seen :)

That is one of the most disgusting coins I have ever seen!

this is rediculous: here

Now that's just stupid

People must get really bored if they want to do that, btw, he can't do that because if someone bids then he has to send them a product of some sort rather than just 'nothing'.

People must get really bored if they want to do that, btw, he can't do that because if someone bids then he has to send them a product of some sort rather than just 'nothing'.

But haven't you heard - nothing is the latest must-have accessory among the chattering classes. It's already proved a wow with thousands of Japanese schoolgirls :)

yes, exactly, and you have to pay 5p to have it listed on the site!

But haven't you heard - nothing is the latest must-have accessory among the chattering classes. It's already proved a wow with thousands of Japanese schoolgirls :)

:lol:

Okay, this may look silly, but let us consider the possibilities before we get too judgemental. You young ones must learn to do a little homework, and learn to "read between the lines".

The facts:

--the seller has only been registered on eBay for a little over 8 months.

--according to his feedback rating, he has sold only 1 item in that time.

--the seller currently has 17 other legitimate auctions running, all of which started the same approximate time as the "nothing" auction.

Now, with this simple knowledge, it is easy to see several scenarios developing.

--the seller accidentally listed the same item twice. being a new seller (remember, he has only sold 1 item before), maybe he does not know how to cancel an auction, so instead just modified it to delete the item offered.

--the seller listed the item as a 5 day auction instead of a 7 day auction, and as above, modified it to delete the item offered.

eBay is a great concept, but to use that concept to it's full potential, it is up to the individuals who participate to be fully aware of all the rules, regulations, and procedures; as well as have the ability to read and interpret what is going on.

:lol: Either that or he has seriously misjudged the british coin prices!

They obviously changed their mind about listing it <_<

Maybe he's just got a bizarre sense of humour?

I thought that but then there's nothing humourous in the description. Weirdo :blink:

They must be very sad to throw away money to Ebay and to do that when there is no point in doing it.

The description for this one is pretty funny

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3913588675&rd=1

I always thought it was Prince Albert and I never knew Victoria was a widower.

And the pennies didn't change between 1860 and 1894 - so all those varieties in Freeman et al are forgeries.

nothing funny about it, victorias bronze pennies started in 1860, and changed from the jubilee head to the older 'widow' head in 1895...

(sill cant edit :angry: )

Penny Queen Victoria 1865 VFnUN...what is very fine near uncirculated?...EF/Unc?

That is a wierd grade.