British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nordle11

Huge list of CGS coins for trade/sale

Guy (@The Coinery) has asked to put this up, attached you can find the CGS exported list of coins (by year, denom, CGS value, grade, etc) in an excel file. There are some great coins in there and having bought from Guy a various points I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. I'm sure there are others on here who have bought from Guy and have been just as happy.

Please PM guy directly as it's easier to follow than checking the thread.

CGS List.xlsx

Thats a hell of a grade and price for the 1905 half crown, is he getting rid of them all?

Yeah a spanker of a coin. Don't forget it's CGS' valuation, not the price he wants for the coin. Yes, these are his 'spares' lol.

Here's that half crown

1.png

5 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Yeah a spanker of a coin. Don't forget it's CGS' valuation, not the price he wants for the coin. Yes, these are his 'spares' lol.

Spares? :o what is his better 1905 like then :wacko:

Yeah... spares... lol

Dunno what it's like, @The Coinery get yer pics out!

1 hour ago, azda said:

Spares? :o what is his better 1905 like then :wacko:

Probably no rim bruise

Looks like LCGS have noticed lots of non-paying access to their images. :(

What a shame. I've amended the thread.

And in removing this capability they have again broken the links to the CGS/LCGS coin pics from their London Coins for sale listings

I wonder if they're reading the forum and spotted this thread?

9 minutes ago, azda said:

I wonder if they're reading the forum and spotted this thread?

Not at all unlikely

LCA stopped people from viewing the CGS photos within 2 hours of the of the OP. Too much of a coincidence to me. So it seems quite likely they got wind of it somehow. 

I find it strange that anyone from LCA is a reader of this forum due to the large number of frank comments regarding them though. 

LCA should also realise that they won't persuade more people to pay their £99 by this behaviour.

30 minutes ago, Sword said:

LCA stopped people from viewing the CGS photos within 2 hours of the of the OP. Too much of a coincidence to me. So it seems quite likely they got wind of it somehow. 

I find it strange that anyone from LCA is a reader of this forum due to the large number of frank comments regarding them though. 

LCA should also realise that they won't persuade more people to pay their £99 by this behaviour.

Anyone can visit here and, without even logging in, see any content that is not in the 'Members Only' section (as far as I am aware). If I were any dealer, auction house or grader, I would visit here regularly, especially if that means I will be reading frank and honest comments, potentially about my own business ...

Ravenous Bugblatter beast of Traal springs to mind (for you Douglas Adams posse)

On 1 September 2016 at 10:27 AM, Nordle11 said:

Yeah... spares... lol

Dunno what it's like, @The Coinery get yer pics out!

I will upload photos in the next few days.

I have my own site  www.thecoinery.co.uk  I have not uploaded the majority of pics but if you follow this it will give you a taster:

Half Crown - Victoria

Check out my 1839 Proof Half Crown . . .

If you want to see a few of my better specimens:

Wow.  That 1828 halfcrown is by far the best example I've seen of that rare date.

Hi Nick

Have a look at 36527.

Its only grade 65 but its the best I have found in 40 yrs.

3 minutes ago, The Coinery said:

Hi Nick

Have a look at 36527.

Its only grade 65 but its the best I have found in 40 yrs.

I don't have access to the CGS images.  Can you put the image on your website?  Or post it here?

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I don't have access to the CGS images.  Can you put the image on your website?  Or post it here?

img.php.jpeg

img-1.php.jpeg

• Like 1

Very nice.  They don't often appear in decent grade and even when they do, they rarely have the eye appeal that yours does.

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Very nice.  They don't often appear in decent grade and even when they do, they rarely have the eye appeal that yours does.

Thank you very much for that Nick. Don't forget it took me 40yrs to find her !

On 9/1/2016 at 10:02 AM, Nordle11 said:

Guy (@The Coinery) has asked to put this up, attached you can find the CGS exported list of coins (by year, denom, CGS value, grade, etc) in an excel file. There are some great coins in there and having bought from Guy a various points I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. I'm sure there are others on here who have bought from Guy and have been just as happy.

Please PM guy directly as it's easier to follow than checking the thread.

Sorry to ask but for us beginners please could you let me know who Guy is and how to contact him. There maybe a few I would like.

Edited by UPINSMOKE

6 hours ago, UPINSMOKE said:

Sorry to ask but for us beginners please could you let me know who Guy is and how to contact him. There maybe a few I would like.

Guy is "The Coinery" on here, you can PM him here. He's posted a couple of times in this thread too so you can get to his profile by clicking on his name.

Remember, if you want to message him privately then click on the "message" box, don't leave a message where it says "Leave a message on The Coinery's feed", or everyone will be able to see it.

I have just brought a couple of coins from Guy and am really pleased with them. :) :) :)

• Like 1