British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

The Negative thread.

As i am starting to get depressed :D and absolutely sick to death of negative comments .

Feel free to post anything negative about TPGS here.

By keeping it here i dont have to read it all the time as its starting to get boring.

So fire away and keep yourselves amused.

Go on ozjohn i know you want to get started and have a go...........:P

I moved it to the TPG discussions section, seemed more apt.

Oh and £499.... ARE THEY HAVING A LAUGH?

:D

I'm going to pick some flowers and think happy thoughts about CGS or LCGS or whatever they call themselves these days 

Peace and love man.......B)

LCEECGS I believe 

London Coins Extremely Expensive Coin Grading Services :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

London Coins Extremely Expensive Coin Grading Services :ph34r:

Only for the elite, or for those with more money than sense :ph34r: I found a daffodil 

I hope you're right :)

19 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

As i am starting to get depressed :D and absolutely sick to death of negative comments .

Feel free to post anything negative about TPGS here.

By keeping it here i dont have to read it all the time as its starting to get boring.

So fire away and keep yourselves amused.

Go on ozjohn i know you want to get started and have a go...........:P

If you don't like an alternative view don't read it! Judging by the amount of posts on this matter I would think there are more dissatisfied customers of CGS than satisfied ones. Are you connected in some way to CGS as you seem to be quick to defend them?

• Like 1

Alternative views are one thing, continuously banging on about LCGS in every thread is boring, hence this thread.

We all have views and the way we collect and store our coins personal to each, most have given their opinions, lets leave it there, doesn't need continuously repeating, nothing new to add, move on

4 hours ago, Chingford said:

Alternative views are one thing, continuously banging on about LCGS in every thread is boring, hence this thread.

We all have views and the way we collect and store our coins personal to each, most have given their opinions, lets leave it there, doesn't need continuously repeating, nothing new to add, move on

You tell that to the large number of CGS customers who are fed up with the high handed way they have treated their clients. Time will tell but IMO they will be out of business as a TPG if they maintain their business model. When I first heard of CGS I thought this is good someone different from the US domination of the TPG market but I plus many of their customers have been disappointed. If you do not like in this thread don't read it. The whole point of a forum such as this to discuss these issues. If you think CGS are such a wonderful organization then start a thread to praise their activities. Not sure on the support you will get but I will support to the end your right to do so.

• Like 1

Yawn!

6 hours ago, Chingford said:

Yawn!

That was a bit unfair, I didn't expect that from you <_< as John says the whole point of a forum is to discuss, he made a good point on the subject and your retort was in poor taste.

• Like 1

Then take it down if you feel it is inappropriate,

In poor taste John, not inappropriate.

Nordle11,

Thank you for your support. All I can say unless this forum can remain  free and frank for its members to express their opinions regarding coin issues then it might as well close. Thankfully I think it is bigger than that and will continue for a long time into the future.

Edited by ozjohn
Missing word

13 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

That was a bit unfair, I didn't expect that from you <_< as John says the whole point of a forum is to discuss, he made a good point on the subject and your retort was in poor taste.

See above post.

There were times previously when the main forum was dominated by heated discussions on the merits (or lack of) of TPGs. This was undoubtedly off-putting for a number of people. However, TPG discussions now take place discretely in its own sub-forum. People entering the TPG sub-forum should know what to expect.

I think I have exhausted the things (both good and bad) I can say about CGS for now. But since this is the called the negative thread, I will join in the fun and add this:

https://taxfreegold.co.uk/cgs-uk.biz.html

I uploaded that link several weeks ago, thought it was slightly amusing myself when i read it