British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Nordle11

Beatrix Potter 50ps

If anyone finds any of the Beatrix Potter 50p designs in their change and aren't bothered about keeping hold of them, please let me know. Will take them off your hands.

Thanks

Haven’t come across one from circulation yet. Is it the next Kew 50p?

The whole world and their dog are hoarding 50p and £2 coins if the number of times I am asked on a daily basis whether I want to buy these things is anything to go by. :(

I have put a lot of business eBay's way - not that I will get any thanks for it, from either them or buyers!

I usually recommend that a buyer with no brain and a very fat wallet is best found on eBay, as I have yet to find one at a coin fair.

3 hours ago, jacinbox said:

Haven’t come across one from circulation yet. Is it the next Kew 50p?

Not that they're particularly rare, I have a 50p collection so just looking to grab the newest editions to add to it.

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

The whole world and their dog are hoarding 50p and £2 coins if the number of times I am asked on a daily basis whether I want to buy these things is anything to go by. :(

I have put a lot of business eBay's way - not that I will get any thanks for it, from either them or buyers!

I usually recommend that a buyer with no brain and a very fat wallet is best found on eBay, as I have yet to find one at a coin fair.

No definitely not worth the time buying/selling these things

It is worthwhile if you can pick up a sizeable quantity in as struck condition as I disposed of most of the complete decimal collection I bought a couple years ago in about 6 months. However, all the things I get offered are coins people have taken from change, and usually it is one or two coins at the most (apparently worth £400 each because eBay says that what they sell for)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, secret santa said:

Got my first Peter Rabbit today so they're out and about.

Nice, is it the elusive "extra whisker" variety? :D 

I had one in my change around 8 weeks ago so they are doing the rounds. This was in Kings Norton Birmingham.

4 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

I had one in my change around 8 weeks ago so they are doing the rounds. This was in Kings Norton Birmingham.

Which design was it?

1 hour ago, Nordle11 said:

Nice, is it the elusive "extra whisker" variety? :D 

Actually yes, there are 5 whiskers on his right side but 6 on his left ! Offers over £1000 please.

• Like 1

Excellent, would you consider £900? I will pay postage..

It seems that the extra whisker variety is actually more prevalent than the normally struck version, if eBay is anything to go by that is.

2 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Which design was it?

I have no idea!! It went towards a 1915 half crown....

:D 

Sign in to follow this