British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Not sure on this, but it does look similar to Gouby's BP 1863 Ab, raised spikes from Brittania's arm.

BP%201863%20Ab%201.jpg

Not as clear as Gouby's example and I don't think I'd be convinced if I saw it for sale as such. But there must be some others out there somewhere !!

26 minutes ago, secret santa said:

Not as clear as Gouby's example and I don't think I'd be convinced if I saw it for sale as such. But there must be some others out there somewhere !!

Agreed, I'm struggling to capture this, the image on the left below is what sparked my interest - taken from the seller's image (not listed as anything special)

BP%201863%20Ab%201%20detail.jpg

And interesting variety, similar to the better known BP 1862 F extra plumes, not convinced either are repairs, more likely clashed dies

On 22 August 2016 at 11:20 AM, davidrj said:

Not sure on this, but it does look similar to Gouby's BP 1863 Ab, raised spikes from Brittania's arm.

BP%201863%20Ab%201.jpg

Yet another dead link...

• Like 1

As a slight 'aside'.  Would like to see the pic of the BP1863Ab if still available please.  Gouby shows one in his 2009 book, I have one (not the same coin as Gouby's) and would like to see if there are more about (as per secret santa's earlier post).

I did PM davidrj a week or so back asking if a pic is still available but no response as yet.

On 8/22/2016 at 5:30 PM, secret santa said:

Missing pictures now showing!  Don't know when they reappeared but hoping they're still there when I get back home.

Recall some mention of trouble with a (some?) off site storage facility that was withholding pics at that time, was that sorted?