British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
PWA 1967

1903 open 3 penny CGS slabbed

1903 open 3 penny with the obverse not being so bad compared with others.

£100 including postage.

Pete.

1.png

2 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

£100 including postage.

Pete.

1.png

Pete , is there any die rotation, as I have one with about 10% ,and the other is normal .        Terry

No Terry i seem to remember something on another thread and checking the few i had and all were normal.

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

No Terry i seem to remember something on another thread and checking the few i had and all were normal.

1 minute ago, PWA 1967 said:

Thanks Pete , the one with rotation seems to the rarer of the two , I also notice that the obv. side on your no rotation coin as with mine is less warn than the Rev. suggesting it is proud on the rev. and depressed on the obv. . Its the other way around on the Rotated die type . Also yours has the straight bottom on the E in PENNY , Richard said he had one with the wavy bottom.    Terry

Would you not put the die rotation down to an equipment error though Terry? Could be a couple of hundred were struck before the axes were realigned, but I would always put a die rotation error down as being rarer in any case. Personally I don't pay too much attention to anything less than about 30-40 degrees, then a premium starts to apply.

Checking my open 3, it's the flat E. I don't have the coin to check if there is rotation though..

1 minute ago, Nordle11 said:

Would you not put the die rotation down to an equipment error though Terry? Could be a couple of hundred were struck before the axes were realigned, but I would always put a die rotation error down as being rarer in any case. Personally I don't pay too much attention to anything less than about 30-40 degrees, then a premium starts to apply.

Your right Matt, Its just a matter of interest on my part , and not anything to do with value

Out of interest do you have anything with over 45 degrees rotation? That 1928 originally from the workman sale went for £200 hammer in the LCA auction in march, that was completely inverted.

8 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Out of interest do you have anything with over 45 degrees rotation? That 1928 originally from the workman sale went for £200 hammer in the LCA auction in march, that was completely inverted.

No, Matt , others with about 10%   . The interest with this one is that we are starting with an already rare type .    Terry

Edited by terrysoldpennies

Yes I also have a couple with about 10% but nothing extremer. Would be nice to have a completely inverted example.

On 8/22/2016 at 7:12 AM, PWA 1967 said:

£100 including postage.

Pete.

1.png

Forgot i still have this £85 if anyone wants it.

Have sent a PM but just incase your not logged on can you send me your adress again.

Sorry to ask as cant find it and will post this morning  :)

Pete.

Sign in to follow this