British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Is there anybody out there?

Is the panel to the right a holder for your phone or a display? Looks like a nifty bit of kit, any pros and cons compared to the GoPro?

29 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Is the panel to the right a holder for your phone or a display? Looks like a nifty bit of kit, any pros and cons compared to the GoPro?

Yup that's a phone holder, everything goes through an app, although it can be controlled by hand or by the app. Pro and cons, go pro for me at least is very poor sound quality, no video display as far as i know, but is obviously lighter/smaller than the Osmo, not sure of the Go pro video capabilities, is it 4k?

Osmo has quite a lot of features such as 180 and 360 degree picture, slo motion video capture along with time lapse, can be used in 4k  video format or you can reduce it to 1080, video can be edited within the app and also has inbuilt wifi

That's pretty nifty then, you can't get video display for the GoPro although Slow mo and time lapse you can do. I think it does 4k but you need to buy the Hero 3 (whichever the latest is has it).

I also like the editing side, it's pretty arduous getting the GoPro videos imported and loaded into an editor before you can do anything.

6 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

That's pretty nifty then, you can't get video display for the GoPro although Slow mo and time lapse you can do. I think it does 4k but you need to buy the Hero 3 (whichever the latest is has it).

I also like the editing side, it's pretty arduous getting the GoPro videos imported and loaded into an editor before you can do anything.

I've not use the editing side of it yet, i have a notebook with cyberlink power director on it, but the notebook is slowing down due to Microsoft installing their new windows 10 on it without me asking for it, i wanted to do a whole lot more the the video i took at Neuschwanstein but the notebook was labouring through it all and i gave up the ghost eventually feeling frustrated.

i also have a macbook but the best available software for that costs 300 euros which i might treat myself to for Christmas.

Here's a small time-lapse i took a month or 2 back, 1 min of video takes 1 hour by which time the battery is almost done, at the time i'd only just bought the Osmo and had only 1 battery, i've bought another 2 batteries since

Windows did that to me the other day, now I'm stuck with it too. I'd be interested to see how good the editing software is that it comes with, that could really tempt me to buy one. The time-lapse is really good, but what's going on with the sky near the end? Looks like you've got a rave going on or something :D 

11 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Windows did that to me the other day, now I'm stuck with it too. I'd be interested to see how good the editing software is that it comes with, that could really tempt me to buy one. The time-lapse is really good, but what's going on with the sky near the end? Looks like you've got a rave going on or something :D 

There was a storm brewing, a few lightning bolts behind the clouds. I'll see if i have a bit of footage on the sd card and try and play around with it as i've not used it myself yet, so will see what i come up with, might be over the weekend now though as i'm back at work as of today, 2 weeks of holiday have come to a shuddering end <_<

I did wonder if it was a storm, it looks good in the video with the extreme blues. Yeah let us know how you get on, I'm interested now...

Came back from holiday about 3 weeks ago now, I'm already looking to Christmas :D 

4 minutes ago, azda said:

Would like to check this place out before summer ends

https://www.area47.at/en-slide-park

Nice one Dave, I'll have to convince the other half to come next summer :D Looks like great fun, especially that 'waterbomb', never seen anything like that before.

4 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Hence the mountains I suppose, such nice views. The green really reminds me of home.

Do you think that area is on whatever the Chinese equivalent of Tripadvisor is then? I say that because Barca has an absolute plethora of Chinese tourists and probably 90% are all going and seeing the same things, eating the in same restaurants and buying the same souvenirs because of one very popular tourist guide. One restaurant has a queue about 50m long every day and everyone waiting is Chinese. 

Even the local churrería has learnt a handful of phrases to impress the literal hundreds of Chinese customers they have daily, it's funny to see them look in surprise when the overweight, 70 year old Catalan man selling them churros says 'How many do you want' in Mandarin :D 

Did you sell many Nordle ?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Did you sell many Nordle ?  :rolleyes:

Let's just say that my smallest yacht has 2 helipads.