British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Rob

Is there anybody out there?

Watching the Olympic Heavyweight boxing Final, unfortunately a silver against the French

8 minutes ago, Chingford said:

Watching the Olympic Heavyweight boxing Final, unfortunately a silver against the French

I didnt expect joyce to win although he won the first round and the second could of gone either way,he could not of done anymore.

Rob as far as were is everyone........I am always here :unsure:

I need a holiday.................4 weeks away in a camper van touring Scotland...........Bliss..............

Since I am now bereft of Olympics :( I suppose I'd better see what's been going on here. :)

Have I missed much?

It appears I missed a bit. I saw one rowing race when passing a bar in Siena 10 days ago. Stopped for the few minutes it took to watch and that was the sum total of my exposure to the Olympics.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

It appears I missed a bit. I saw one rowing race when passing a bar in Siena 10 days ago. Stopped for the few minutes it took to watch and that was the sum total of my exposure to the Olympics.

Did we win? :D

2 hours ago, Rob said:

That was a few mins more than i watched.......

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 9:21 PM, azda said:

I need a holiday.................4 weeks away in a camper van touring Scotland...........Bliss..............

On my to do list.

Love Scotland been going now for the last 8 years or so. We usually have around 4 holidays there every year and go a different place every time.

Not even scratched the surface yet.

Looking forward to end of October for our next visit then again and Christmas 

• Like 1

I've got so much holiday booked this year that I've had to pull days forward from next year. It all started with a long weekend in May visting No1. son in Berlin where he's doing an exchange year at TU. Then we had a long weekend in the Netherlands going to a 50th birthday, managed to sneak my road bike into the back of the car and did about 100 miles looking for a hill, didn't find one. For the last two weekends and the next two we have a cousin from Califonia over for a suprise visit, so 2 nights in London, a weekend around Lavenham, Finchingfield and IWM Duxford. This long weekend in Chester and LLandudno and next weekend in Windsor. Two weeks later taking No1 son back to Durham Uni and then a couple of week until out holiday in the Philippines. Back in November and time to start thinking about Christmas:(

13 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I've got so much holiday booked this year that I've had to pull days forward from next year. It all started with a long weekend in May visting No1. son in Berlin where he's doing an exchange year at TU. Then we had a long weekend in the Netherlands going to a 50th birthday, managed to sneak my road bike into the back of the car and did about 100 miles looking for a hill, didn't find one. For the last two weekends and the next two we have a cousin from Califonia over for a suprise visit, so 2 nights in London, a weekend around Lavenham, Finchingfield and IWM Duxford. This long weekend in Chester and LLandudno and next weekend in Windsor. Two weeks later taking No1 son back to Durham Uni and then a couple of week until out holiday in the Philippines. Back in November and time to start thinking about Christmas:(

You could cancel the Philippines and stay at home, that way you don't need to get too depressed about using holidays from next year :rolleyes: I'm the opposite, i still have about 18 left, just had the last 2 weeks off, we get 30 days plus 12 bank holidays and if you want we can also take your overtime as holidays, i'm currently hovering at around 120hrs of overtime which i've collected, or else you could get it paid out and be stung for tax.......

That's decent holiday time, luckily we get 28 here and 12 bank holidays, but I think the standard is around 23 in Spain.

So all-in-all you've got about about 60 days holiday :D not bad

9 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

That's decent holiday time, luckily we get 28 here and 12 bank holidays, but I think the standard is around 23 in Spain.

So all-in-all you've got about about 60 days holiday :D not bad

I just get 25+8. 3 of the 25 has to be saved for Christmas to fill in the week to the New Year. The wife is changing from 25+8 to 33 but has to book the bank holiday's off if not working, saves the company paying extra for working bank holidays.

People don't know how lucky they are. I've not had any holiday entitlement since 1987. :ph34r:

Rob you do buy some excellent coins though so you can't afford holidays. I've just given £3k of my coin fund to my daughters bless em.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

People don't know how lucky they are. I've not had any holiday entitlement since 1987. :ph34r:

I hope your 21 day tour of Europe went well :D

2nd mortgage job on sausages and wine. Just kept adding in cases of wine at Henke until the car was full :)

On 25 August 2016 at 7:15 PM, Rob said:

2nd mortgage job on sausages and wine. Just kept adding in cases of wine at Henke until the car was full :)

I took myself over to Fussen to visit Neuschwanstein, walked up the small mountain, it's a hell of a view, so many Chinese there it was unreal

DJI_0038.jpg

Stunning views, you'd be forgiven to think that was Canada..

56 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

Defiantly some fantastic views up there, there's also a bridge that runs across a ravine, it was like a trampoline and so many people standing on it. Wanted to use the drone but it's not allowed as it's on The borders with a nature reserve, yet i've Seen quite a Lot of youtube footage around The Castle, obviously people not observing The regulations which then gives hobbyists a Bad name, but it was a good day out......

56 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

It's right on the border with Austria.

As Dave said - so many Chinese. We dropped in with daughter and partner on the way to Italy only to find that you had to book at least 2 days in advance. The large hotels/restaurants you can see at the bottom were fully booked by Asian tourist parties. Literally nowhere to sit down and eat. Wasn't like that when we went 30 years ago. Anyway, compensated by saying sod it and going for a beer at Andechs - see Dave's post somewhere on this one. :rolleyes:

Hence the mountains I suppose, such nice views. The green really reminds me of home.

Do you think that area is on whatever the Chinese equivalent of Tripadvisor is then? I say that because Barca has an absolute plethora of Chinese tourists and probably 90% are all going and seeing the same things, eating the in same restaurants and buying the same souvenirs because of one very popular tourist guide. One restaurant has a queue about 50m long every day and everyone waiting is Chinese. 

Even the local churrería has learnt a handful of phrases to impress the literal hundreds of Chinese customers they have daily, it's funny to see them look in surprise when the overweight, 70 year old Catalan man selling them churros says 'How many do you want' in Mandarin :D 

The next event for the tourists will of course be the Oktoberfest starting on the 17th September, it's really funny seeing Chinese and Japanese wearing Lederhosen and wasted out of their minds, taking the DJI Osmo with me, its a handheld camera with gimbal, and shoots in 4k (slo mo, time lapse or video) a few from work have a table reserved for the 2nd day so hopefully will get some good video and pictures of inside the tent with much rowdiness, i'll post back here

You can check out the osmo here http://www.dji.com/products/osmo