British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Just now, azda said:

Nice little loss made there, it will be back sometime or other, it was his wife' eBay name that won it.....

Thought as much. Can you still see who won it through a flaw on the iPad (if I remember correctly you saying something like that)?

So I presume you lot don't  think the leopard has changed his spots then ?

I put martin platt coin dealer into google and looked at his reviews on his yell account.

He has five ,five star, reviews put on on a five week period , the middle of this summer , with no older ones.

Could it not be he's writeing these reviews himself(?) I wonder  summer is usually very quiet time for coin dealers.

Haha. So the reviews;

GeorgeH-51 (joined 18th August) - only 1 review on 18th of August

PeteM-24 (joined 19th August) - only 1 review on 19th of August

PhilipB-51 (joined 17th August) - only 1 review on 17th of August

JohnW-309 (joined 11th August) - only 1 review on 11th of August

DanJ-29 (joined 5th July) - only 1 review on 5th of July

You may be onto something :ph34r:

To be fair he has a lot of deals on the go via facebook so I wouldn't be surprised if some of these reviews are from people buying from him on there where he does get good feedback.

mp1 (joined 18th August) - only 1 review on 18th of August

mp2 (joined 19th August) - only 1 review on 19th of August

mp3 (joined 17th August) - only 1 review on 17th of August

mp4 (joined 11th August) - only 1 review on 11th of August

mp5 (joined 5th July) - only 1 review on 5th of July

7 minutes ago, copper123 said:

mp1 (joined 18th August) - only 1 review on 18th of August

mp2 (joined 19th August) - only 1 review on 19th of August

mp3 (joined 17th August) - only 1 review on 17th of August

mp4 (joined 11th August) - only 1 review on 11th of August

mp5 (joined 5th July) - only 1 review on 5th of July

:D

• Like 1

This made me smile, he forgot to add cleaner extrodinare amongst his other names relative to eBay. Before anyone adds anything about phone numbers etc, this is freely available on the internet (Edited for Pete)

img_1914.png

Edited by azda

You miss the point Dave people search for things on the internet on there own accord.

Telephone numbers may not be shown unless at the descretion of the owner.

2 hours ago, copper123 said:

So I presume you lot don't  think the leopard has changed his spots then ?

:lol: Brilliant, have you ever thought about a career in stand up comedy? :D Funnily enough he bought a coin off me this year under his wife' eBay name, brilliant, unfortunately the name and address stick out like a sore thumb :rolleyes:

Edited by azda

2 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

You miss the point Dave people search for things on the internet on there own accord.

Telephone numbers may not be shown unless at the descretion of the owner.

Hmmmm, can you point this internet rule out for me? If he is in business as a coin dealer then the card will be splashed all over the internet, i'm making it more easily found. When in business you are obviously needing to be found on the internet, so there's no wrong doing here Pete

Its more to do with being ethical.

I dont like what some sellers do as much as anyone else but to put someones mobile with derogatory comments does not seem right.

Think the numbers especially the mobile could of been pasted over.

Unfortunately we live in a world surrounded by some weird people and on a public/open forum it only needs one to read it.

Only my opinion....atleast you did not put my number up :D

If you think its ok that is up to you as your post.

Ethical and MP shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence B) I have your number Pete should you ever forget it :ph34r::lol: (Just kidding) 

I actually did have a phone conversation with Martin once, quite interesting and an eye opener what his wife was shouting in the background, let's just say it proved everything we ever thought

Edited by azda

1 hour ago, azda said:

Ethical and MP shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence B) I have your number Pete should you ever forget it :ph34r::lol: (Just kidding) 

I actually did have a phone conversation with Martin once, quite interesting and an eye opener what his wife was shouting in the background, let's just say it proved everything we ever thought

I am 100% sure your right dave and agree with everything you say ;).

I suspect he also might have a weird personality disorder as well giving himself a full five stars out of five is a bit of a givaway as well.

After all everyone that comes across him regrets it

I suspect histrionic personality disorder or even narsassistic personality disorder

Nothing wrong with his advertisement, says he buys good quality, doesn't mention what he sells

I think it was John Stephenson who said on the forum:

"I buy junk and sell collectable coins"

or summat like that.

• Like 1

The bloody tart blocked my bids.The guy is a feckin winker

Can someone post a link to the actual 1836 Half Crown on ebay, I can't find it. Are you sure it's Mr Platt's coin?

Martin Platt is on fb a lot and I often run into him (in a nice way!). He's actually very helpful on there, not only to lots of people with the usual questions, but he's also been a big help to me with various pictures I've needed in the past, among other things. I have no doubt that the Yell reviews are all genuine reviews.

He probably is most helpful Chris, but old habits die hard and all that. Don't be overawed by his charm......

Looks like something has gone down with Mr P, another eBay name change and feedback has gone private..........Some listings to follow? :ph34r:

• Like 1

Can someone post a link to the coin in question please.

14 minutes ago, Chris Perkins said:

If we're talking about the halfcrown Chris, that is from another seller which I added some posts back, that seller is called http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/gb-classic-coins-uk

Edited by azda

38 minutes ago, Chris Perkins said:

Hello Chris,

The op Half Crown was one of mine that sold on eBay recently and here is the link to the completed listing - hopefully the link works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1836-William-IIII-Milled-Silver-Half-Crown-EF-/351800123448?

Incidentally like yourself, I have dealt with Martin on many occasions over the years without any problems at all.

Obviously I can only speak from my own experience but he has always been completely open and honest with me and has always been a pleasure to deal with.

Phil