British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
OldCurrencyExchange

Check your old Irish change: Does an Irish (small) 1991 5p coin exist?

To date, none have been found.

A small sample of the new coins must have been produced in order for engineers to calibrate + test phone boxes, parking meters, and vending machines.

Could they have done this work in the first five months of 1992, or was there 1991 five pence coin?

Is this the Holy Grail of Irish numismatics?

O’Brien Rare Coin Review: Does an Irish (small) 1991 5p coin exist?

https://oldcurrencyexchange.com/2016/08/17/obrien-rare-coin-review-does-an-irish-small-1991-5p-coin-exist/

I can't help but thinking all of your posts leads to a link into your website, if you're looking for clicks then Why not add it into google?

Just saying, but it seems to be the 4th or 5th link heading to a website with the same name as your forum name.....

Nope, not looking for clicks - just feedback, e.g. in this instance, to see if anyone is searching for a 1991 Irish 5p coin.

No one in Ireland seems to be discussing or debating this question, so I was hoping there would be some feedback here.

Several collectors in Ireland have told me this is a good forum for Irish topics.

Best regards

J

Well my apologies, you can add a link to your website in your signature, it can be added in the control panel of your forum name where you can add info about yourself.

Not sure about being the best forum for Irish coinage, but it's good to add another feature in the forum as its not really something that's discussed a great deal here unless it's hammered Irish coinage  but someone with your obvious knowledge could expand on in a section within the forum

For anyone interested in Irish coins and tokens I have to say that James runs the finest site I've come across to date.

Edited by bagerap